Chapter 37

I finally reached home, panting from the speed I was going. I didn't seem to realise getting home without money meant getting home without the help of transport; I had to walk all the way home. Let's just say a 30 minute car journey was a long ass walk, so long I had worn my newly bought shoes out completely.

I just wanted to see Kai. I wanted to make sure everything was okay because I knew there was no way he agreed with this. I banged on the door viciously, trying to catch my breath when the door was opened almost instantly, revealing someone I did not expect.

"Josh?"

He looked my way with complete nonchalance, maybe even a slight hint of anger. He refused to speak and instead just left the house, shoving past me. I turned around and examined his long strides across the gravel. I had a bad feeling about this. The last time I talked to Josh was just after the incident and from the names I heard he was calling me, I doubted he wanted anything to do with me. So then...why was he here?

I felt a strong grip on my hood and I yelped at the sudden jerk of movement. I got dragged in quickly and felt myself getting pressed up against the door, my body allowing the door to shut with a loud click. I watched as Kai examined my face meticulously. At times like this I would lean myself in to kiss him, but something told me that's not what he wanted right now; he didn't look happy in the slightest.

"Kai I-"

"It must have startled you seeing him again, hm?" he snarled, keeping me pressed up against the wooden door, my parents no where to be seen. My vision explored his frowned features. I was fucking terrified. Did he know? Did he know about last night? Did Josh tell him? What the fuck was going on? I wanted to melt there and then and confess everything with his comforting arms around me but I knew I was alone now. I knew. There was no one left to comfort me but my own step brothers.

"He told me everything, Y/n."

The moment I heard the words fall out of his mouth, tears began cascading out my eyes like there was no tomorrow. I attempted to hug him as something to calm me down but he didn't allow it, he continued to push my arms off him and even held my arms down at one point.

"Come with me."

Kai grabbed at my wrist and began dragging me out the house, in the direction of his car. I simply followed behind him, confused at his change in behaviour.

"What are you doing?" I sniffled as we reached his car. We both stepped inside, securing ourselves into the seats and sitting back.

"We're going to a Cafe to talk about this like adults. If you don't think you can do that, then get out of the car."

I was taken aback by Kai's impolite nature as I had never seen him like this. The man always popped out with a new thing to surprise me every time; but this was not a side I wanted to see from him.

I sat guiltily. Talk about it like adults? I didn't want to talk about it at all. I began bouncing my legs up and down as I looked out of my window, Kai starting up the car abruptly.

"Kai?" I mumbled under my breath, still not taking my eyes away from the tinted glass. He pulled out of the gates with a sigh. He never gave me an answer but I decided to ask anyway.

"Do you hate me?"

There was silence at this. Silence that was painful to sit through even though it was only a few seconds. But when Kai found the words he wanted to say, he finally raised his voice.

"Well I'm hoping you can tell me that the shit I've been told isn't true. But if it is.."

He stopped. It was enough to make me turn his way, studying his face as it turned from an angry expression to a rather saddened one.