Chapter 13

"Hey Meghan, I know you said you were working today but do you have any spare time? I really need to talk to you about something." I mumbled down the phone. Believe it or not, there was actually a reasoning behind my mumbling. I was trying my best to cover up the croaking, old man-like sound that I had been cursed with this morning. I was self-conscious about my voice anyway, but I wasn't ready to experience the humiliation of being called a frog this early in the morning.

"Well I get off work around 3pm, is that okay? There is nice coffee place down the street from your hotel we could meet there?" Meghan replied back. I could hear a lot of people on her end, which was most likely the rustling about of her managers and possibly other models.

"Oh my god, that's great thank you so much. It's quite serious too so...please be patient, it's kind of hard to speak about." I sighed, twiddling my toes in nervousness. My heart was pounding just thinking about the conversation. As if she could hear the violent pulsing, she spoke up.

"Don't worry. I'll try my best to support you with whatever's going on, like I always do." she said. I smiled at her comment because she was right. Whenever I had trouble back at home when we were in high school, she was always the one to comfort me and make me feel safe again. Thinking back to them moments gave me a little bit more hope that I could get through this confession without fainting or doing something extremely embarrassing. We both said our goodbyes before ending the call. I threw my phone back onto the bed and lay down, breathing in the nice, cold, fresh air coming in through my window. I wondered if my brothers got here safely last night. I knew that I still had to be sneaky as they could have been right outside my room for all I knew. God knows if Jin had told the other members about the encounter he had with me last night; did he even know it was me?

Honestly, after all that happened yesterday, I just wanted to go back home and act like nothing had ever happened: back to college, see Kai again...I missed him.

I saw myself beginning to drown in my pessimistic thoughts and quickly sat up with a sigh, rubbing at my dried out, stinging eyes.

-

After getting ready into one of my favourite outfits, I had some time to spare before meeting up with Meghan so I decided to go picture-taking around L.A. I took one last glimpse outside at the many grand buildings towering over my huge window before swiftly heading out the door, grabbing my polaroid camera and normal camera on the way out. I almost forgot for a second that there was a possibility that my brothers were somewhat near until I heard a violent bump from behind me. I immediately gasped in shock, turning around abruptly but luckily it was nothing. Thank god.

I went around the nearby park and a few iconic places taking pictures. Photography was always a beloved hobby of mine and I remembered days were me and Tae would spend hours out of the house together, attempting to take pictures of pretty birds that waltzed around the streets. Then later on, once the sun had disappeared and the world became chilly, we would head home hand in hand, watching as the sun peered away and the birds we captured earlier were preparing for sleep. We would come home and sit together, comparing our pictures and picking out the best ones; giggling away at the odd picture of Tae catching me at my worst. It was hard to accept the fact we couldn't live that life together anymore. I will always be filled with a depressing void and it has come to the point where I know it will never get any easier...

It was edging closer to 3pm so I decided to make my way into the busy city, getting closer to Meghan's workplace as I did. But what I came across was not expected.

A huge line of ARMY's lining up down the street.

I had been walking down this street for a good few minutes and the line was evident to me but I didn't notice that it was ARMY until I payed attention to the people in the line: BT21 merch, army bombs, the K-pop inspired clothes. Once coming to my senses, I furrowed my eyebrows and found myself edging closer and closer to the front of the line. I quickened my pace until I came into contact with the main event. I looked over to see ARMY's taking their time in getting a picture with this random lamp post on the street. I furrowed my eyebrows and put my camera away. Once I had been examining a good few people, I noticed that they were posing in the exact same way. What the hell was going on? Why did all these kids want pictures of themselves with a lamp post?

It got to the point where I knew guessing wasn't going to get me anywhere and I was curious enough to ask. I hesitantly walked up to a young girl and her friend, tapping her on the shoulder gently.

"Any- I mean hello" I smiled, bowing my head before hearing them both gasp. I stiffened my back before coming back up.

"Wait are you?...you're not..."

I looked at her in confusion. I decided to ignore her strange behaviour and try to desperately change the subject.

"What is going on here?" I asked, pointing at the lamp post again. As I looked back at them they were still shocked. I smiled at them both politely but they were honestly starting to scare me.

"Wait...are you actually L/n Y/n?" they asked with their phones hiding their faces. I was taken aback as I never usually got this recognition. Hell, I had never been recognised before. My face lit up immediately and I smiled towards the excitable girls.

"Uhm yeah...yes I-I am" I stuttered, leaving them screeching and so do the people behind them. I waved at them and they waved back cutely. I had never been in a situation like this before and it felt kind of awkward being the centre of attention.

"So, why are you all standing here?" I said, placing my hands in my pockets as I had stepped into the chilly shadow, the building the girls were slouching on concealing the sun.

"Tae took a picture here and posted it around 2 hours ago and now everyone is recreating it to get noticed." She exclaims, shakily while getting his picture up. (If you know this picture and/or event, I know it was taken in London, but just shhh)

"Ahhh I see, okay well I hope you manage to get to the front of the line as soon as possible" I said, before bowing once again, gaining the respect back this time. We said our goodbyes before I headed across the road safely. I was about to turn the corner when I heard the girl shouting for me.

"Y/n-Unnie! Is Kookie's hair as soft as it looks!?"

I couldn't help but giggle at her question: out of humour and awe. I didn't give it a second thought before nodding my head her way, sending her one last goodbye wave as she jumped up and down in excitement. As I swung back around I felt my phone beginning to vibrate in my bag, the violent buzzing coming into contact with the metal of the camera, making a loud, aggressive noise. I took my phone out as quick as possible to avoid irritation overload and the eyes that were currently being drawn my way. Meghan.

"Heyyyy." I said loudly down the phone, almost skipping down the sidewalk in happiness.

"Okay, turns out I am not gonna be able to leave until a whole lot later so do you maybe wanna come to my work? I asked my manager, he said it's okay. I will send you the address and call me when you're here, okay?" She said down the phone, not allowing any time for me to talk. I widened my eyes and bit my lip excitedly. I'm going to her work? She worked for such a big modelling company!

"Okay okay, I will get a car there. I will see you soon."

Word Count: 1440