Chapter 36

My Nerd

Kai, where are you?

I just wanted to know if Kai was okay. It didn't feel right to me that he agreed with all this. No. He wouldn't have agreed with all this. So why hasn't he texted at all? It's not as if I was gone for a few hours; it has been days.

I made my way to the elevator and pressed the button, patiently waiting for it to come to my floor. I was praying that there was no one inside the carriage that I had to get in with because I looked homeless: tired eyes, no shoes, wearing a hoodie that no were near fitted me.

But of course, there was a lady inside. She was very well dressed and well...the complete opposite of me. She looked me up and down for a second, twisting her wrist at the contact of her leather bag straps rubbing against her skin. I smiled awkwardly as she made space for me, either that or she wanted to get as far away from me as possible. I bowed forward and hopped inside, my feet freezing up from the cold sensation of the metal flooring. It was too late to go back and get my heels. I made a statement. I was gonna find out where I was by myself. If I was to walk back into that room now, I would look like an idiot.

"Ground floor is it?" The woman asked, hitting the button before I could answer. I simply made a positive noise and followed her finger, generating a forced smile. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate continuously and I gasped in shock, pulling it up to my face, hoping Kai had texted me back. But no. It was Namjoon. Why that fuck would I want to speak to him? I sighed and placed my phone back down by my side, waiting for the vibrating to stop and leave a tingling, numbed sensation in my hand. But once the ringing stopped, many rapid buzzes began.

Namjoonie <3

Y/n, come back please. This is extremely important.

I'm not joking. This is serious. Come back right now.

Important my ass. I rolled my eyes at his attempt to persuade me to come back for probably something close to an apology. He thinks I'm so fucking gullible. I read the 'concerning' messages coming through but they were starting to get boring, so I took matters into my own hands and switched my phone off, placing it inside the front pouch of the hoodie.

I didn't have a clue how long I had been in the elevator with the woman but it felt like a while, which meant that the suite was high up. Either that, or the carriage was going incredibly slow. There was silence for a little while and I decided it would be a good opportunity to ask the woman where I was. That would be killing two birds with one stone: killing the silence and killing the need to find someone else to tell me.

"Hey um, where are we?"

The snooty woman failed to look at me the rest of the lift ride, but she did tell me the place we were, which from my own knowledge was about a 30 minute car journey from our house. I knew this area quite well as me, Shanice and Meghan used to stop around here to go shopping.

I bowed towards the woman before the carriage door opened and we both strolled out, her a little quicker than me; possibly eager to get somewhere.

I stepped out of the building only to be bombarded with loud Christmas music. I wasn't completely sure where the music was coming from but it sounded like a live street performance. If I wasn't in the situation I was, I would be so giddy and excitable right now. I had the biggest, grandest feeling that this Christmas was going to be different and magical in some way, but it's not even Christmas yet and it has already been completely fucking ruined.

I swam through the tsunami of people singing and laughing along with the jingles and attempted to find the nearest clothes store. I needed underwear and shoes badly. There was no way I was going any further without them.

-

Jungkook's PoV:

My Love ❤️

Kai, where are you?

"Look how pathetic she is. Two seconds out the door and she's already texting him. Also, he named her contact "My Love" how fucking sappy. I wouldn't be surprised if she had the same thing." I scoffed, dropping the phone on the table without a care.

"Oh, leave them alone. They are in love after all." Jimin stated sarcastically, throwing a Koya plushie up and down, clearly trying to take his mind off the whole situation. "Anyway there is more important things to be worrying about. She's a smart cookie, she will get back by herself."

"Without money?"

-

I managed to find a small clothing store on a corner, rapidly heading in. I immediately spotted the shoes at the back of the shop, the different brands of dress shoes and sneakers climbing the wall, some much too high for me to grab. I dashed towards the wall of shoes and examined them; scanning the prices more than the shoes. That's when it hit me. Money. I needed money to buy the fucking shoes.

I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach. I quickly began to reach into the hoodie pocket, rummaging through to find anything I could use to pay for my much-needed essentials. But all that I could find was a receipt from a different clothes store.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath, my head spinning. My only option was to grab at the cheapest shoes and cheapest underwear. I swiftly headed towards the cashier with my head down, placing my wanted items on the counter.

The stern man looked at me, wrinkles forming on his forehead. He looked old, maybe in his late 60's or 70's. He certainly did not look happy at this moment in time which really didn't give me much hope that my plan was going to work. He eyed the items I put on the counter, before slowly scanning. I tried not to process the sum total as I didn't want to feel even worse about how much the guy was going to have to pay off for me. That's if he even allowed me to take the stuff.

"Sir, I know this is a big ask but, I really need to get home. I have no money and I am begging you right now, can I please have these items? I can pay you back another time."

He looked at me with the same stern grimace, continuing to scan and place the item in a plastic bag. I just watched in silence, hoping if I kept quiet and didn't act like an annoying brat who was desperate for free stuff, he might change his mind. I couldn't tell what he was thinking right now. But the fact he was still wrapping up the shoes and sliding them into the bag instead of immediately telling me 'no' gave me a little hope.

Once the man had everything wrapped, he held the bag out in front of me.

"48,000 Won."

Hearing the words leave his mouth caused my breath to hitch. If it wasn't embarrassing already, he was making it ten times worse. I blushed up in front of him and let out a negative mumbling sound under my breath, thinking of what to do next. Did he not hear me? Was I really gonna have to pity myself again?

"Sir, I-I said that-"

But when I looked back up at the man, he stood grandly, his face a lot softer now. He looked down at me with a small smile, nodding slightly. He held the bag now inches away from me clearly wanting me to retrieve it. My eyes lit up and I immediately grabbed onto the bag swinging in front of my eyes, immediately bowing forward.

"Thank you sir! I will be back! Have a great Christmas!!"

I didn't want to waste any time. I immediately headed out the store, banging into a woman on the way out. I dashed around the corner and tried to find the nearest public bathroom.

Word Count: 1406