Chapter 38

"How are you doing?" I whispered, sitting down at the side of him and placing my bags down beside the hospital bed. I grabbed at his hand and gave it a firm squeeze before continuing to talk.

"I'm really sorry that all this happened, I really am. If I had just told you another time before this, then all of this would never have happened. I know you might not want me to blame myself but I blame myself".

A part of me was waiting for him to jump up and tell me to stop talking nonsense but I knew that wasn't possible; I didn't even know if he could hear me.

"I was so oblivious to what was happening and how you must have been feeling." I said, holding back the urge to cry once again. My eyes were already stinging and swelled from the hours of crying, worrying about if he was going to be okay. But now I could relax just a little bit more. I guess they were tears of relief.

"But I promise," I began shifting in my seat to get closer to his face, examining his deep cuts and bruises, some so bad they needed to be stitched up. "from this moment on, I will stand by you. I will stay right here beside you until you are okay again. Even if you hate me right now, this is the least I could do for you."

I took a moment just to examine him. The man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. The man that made me so god damn happy and yet here he was, in a coma all bloodied and bruised severely all because of me.

"Sis?"

I turned abruptly to see Jimin, waiting at the doorway. His voice startled me and caused me to let go of Kai's hand and spin around in his direction. The last time I saw him was at the apartment. If I had the strength, I would attempt to shout at him; tell him I didn't want to see him ever again. But I couldn't. I was still angry and yet, I just wanted someone to comfort me, even if that person was Jimin.

"What do you want Jimin?" I said, rubbing at my tired eyes. It had been many hours since the accident and it was now edging midnight by the time Jimin arrived. He walked in with his hands behind his back, gliding up to me with a gloomy look on his face, taking a seat next to me.

"Is he okay?"

"Oh, don't even start. Why the fuck would you care? You would probably be happy if he died." I snarled, grabbing onto Kai's hand once again, just to feel that little bit of accompaniment. Jimin didn't react to my comment, rather just sat in silence and looked at his feet. He was probably trying to think if he was happy about this. I wouldn't be surprised if a smile started appearing knowing his enemy had been knocked. He let out a small cough that matched the timing of Kai's monitor beeps.

"Can I speak to you outside please?" he mumbled, but instead of waiting for an answer, he immediately got up and headed out of the room. I watched as his body slipped free of the door and then I looked back in Kai's direction.

"Don't worry, I will be back in a second." I assured. There was no way to tell that he could hear me but I had a feeling. I felt bad leaving, but Jimin's behaviour seemed abnormal and it was enough to grab my attention. What did he want to speak about outside? I squeezed Kai's hand until I was too far away from the bed to touch him. I then followed Jimin's previous footsteps and met him outside the room. Before I could even greet him, he was already interrogating me.

"Why haven't you answered your phone?" He grumbled, holding a white and blue box in his right hand. I looked up to him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Joonie kept texting me telling me to come back and it was pissing me off so I turned it off."

Jimin sighed at this. A heavy sigh. He even brought his hand up to his face at one point. I could feel my heart beginning to pound and crawl it's way up my throat. Why was he acting so weird? Something felt wrong. Something gave me the feeling that I shouldn't have turned my phone off this morning.

"Y/n, you need to take this." He said, in a rather alarming voice, handing me the box he was currently holding. I stared at it for a few moments but the writing was too small for me to read.

"You should have looked at your phone." He said, with another grand sigh of disappointment.

"We could be in trouble Y/n."

I paused at the sentence leaving his mouth. What did he mean by trouble? I grabbed hold of the box and examined it before turning it over and reading the big letters wrote in bold blue.

PREGNANCY TEST

Why was he giving me this? Surely if I was pregnant, I would know before them. I looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What's this for? Did you forget I'm on birth control?" I muttered, handing the test back but he pushed it back my way getting closer to me so that our faces were almost touching.

"Don't be mad but...we kinda fucked up. We gave you Viagra and some other things last night and it's possible that...that the birth control failed."

I felt sick to my stomach. The more he went on the worse it got. There was a chance I was pregnant?

"Shit Jimin, are you serious?"

That was all I could manage to get out. Just looking at the word 'pregnancy' caused my stomach to do a flip, or maybe even multiple flips. He assured me with a nod and pulled me into a hug. Why was so much happening so quickly?

"Go take it now. We need to know as soon as possible." he said, releasing his arms from around me and turning me around to the bathroom behind us.

"Wait but Kai-"

"He will be okay, princess. It will only take a few minutes."

I nodded softly before making my way to the bathroom. Was this actually happening right now? I should have been furious but for some reason I was majorly calm. I just wanted to get it over and done with.

-

Jungkook's PoV:

We strolled around the hospital like lost puppies all trying to find Y/n. She wouldn't answer her phone but there was no way in hell she wasn't here right now. Her boyfriend was basically dead, I don't think she would be comfortable anywhere else but here. I was about to give up when I got a phone call from Jimin, telling me to meet him on the second floor. He must have found her. I ended the call and hurried in that direction only to spot that all the guys were already there. I puffed up my cheeks with air and walked up to them grumpily.

"Called me last then?" I sighed, plonking myself on a chair next to Jin.

"Does that really matter? We're about to find out if were gonna be father's or not." Jimin replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets and watching the disabled bathroom door.

"About that," Yoongi began, bringing himself off the wall to pace around the small area we were standing in. "We all know I ain't the father but someone is." he sighed, eyeing us all.

"Do we wanna know?" Hoseokie said, also stepping off the wall. "Isn't that just gonna result in fighting?"

"I think it's best we don't know." Namjoon stated. "If she is...we all look after it together, yeah?"

Multiple heads nodded at this and there was a sudden click coming from the bathroom, that of the door opening. It opened gradually, revealing an exhausted, distraught looking Y/n. She was going through so much at the moment and I couldn't help but feel guilty. All I wanted to do was wrap her up with my arms and allow her to relax without worry. But that was not the most important thing right now.

"So?" I said, as we all gathered up around her, not in an intimidating way, just so that we could all see her. She held the pregnancy test in her shaking hands, eyeing every single one of us.

"What does it say?"

Word Count: 1448