Chapter 18

'Ah, Y/n it makes me sad that you couldn't answer my call. I miss you so much. The guys have all gone to sleep and...I really need you right now...I need someone to cuddle with and when you're not here it's usually Tae I cuddle, but he's asleep too. (sighs) I'm honestly losing my mind out here, Y/n and all I want more than anything is to be with you. You keep me calm, I'm sure you know that. I've been stressed a lot recently and I have been praying that you could be here to cheer me on and give me the motivation I need (giggles). There are times I think about our success and I am forever grateful but then other times, I just...wish none of this happened. You are the missing piece in my life right now, Y/n and unfortunately, I have come to learn that you are also the biggest piece. I couldn't ask for anything more except you...ah, anyway it's late. I miss you so call me back when you can. Saranghae, agi sonyeo.'

I ended the call which was currently playing me the many late night, half-asleep voicemails from Jimin that I had saved and thanked the driver, slamming the door and walking in the direction of the café. Oh my god. This was it. I was seconds away from turning the corner and my mind began to fill with worries that had never occurred to me before this moment. Where they gonna be in there waiting for me? Where they going to be the same guys I knew 5 years ago? Will I have to wait on my own like an idiot because I arrived a bit early? Should I even be here early? Oh god, I didn't think this through. But it was too late now...

I started walking towards the door casually, smiling and strutting although I probably looked like an absolute idiot. I didn't really know how to act because I hadn't been in this sort of situation ever. I opened the door slowly, directing my head at the floor until I heard a faintly familiar voice call out my name.

Joonie.

I locked eyes with him as he stood up slowly, the amazement on his face gradually building. I was trying to keep an act but from even the sight of them, the REAL them, standing just metres away from me, made every muscle in my body instantly relax. I was pretty sure I had never felt such warmth and comfort in my life. (A/n: warning: this is about to get cringe, don't you dare comment about it)

My facial expression turned into genuine happiness as they all began to rise and reveal their happy faces one by one. I could suddenly feel myself getting pushed into the café by a heavy force. I moved slowly and I watched Jimin's desperation break. He ran up to me quickly and pulled me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me off the ground, one of my tears landing on his denim jacket. I inhaled deeply, breathing in his incredible scent which seemed to take me back before all the times and memories of feeling alone and depressed and straight to when I first hugged him. and even then, he was just as comforting as he was now. None of the bad memories of my past mattered anymore. I was finally with them again and nothing could have made me happier. Once one tear laid itself on his jacket, the whole family of tears decided to cascade out of me without my permission, leaving me a sobbing mess, gasping for breath as I clung tight to Jimin.

"I've missed everything about you." he said, sniffing up himself as I examined his teary eyes. I smiled widely at him and removed my arms from around his neck, bringing my hands up to push his hair back out of his face, causing us both to giggle through the tears. I had too missed everything about him. All of them, for that matter.

"Did you miss me?" Hobi chuckled from behind Jimin, walking up to me slowly. I felt Jimin release my waist, patting me gently in Hobi's direction. I immediately grabbed onto his oversized hoodie and pulled him in, having no hesitation before crying into his chest too. At this point it was pretty safe to say, I had dropped the act. I knew as soon as I saw their faces, that there was no way I would be able to keep it. Hobi clung onto me too, stroking my hair and kissing me on my head, that was now deeply buried into his chest, belting out muffled outbursts of breath. My head was directed over at the other guys and I could see them waiting patiently, Jungkook already shedding a few tears. I continued to look at him until we made eye contact and when we did: I swear I heard the angels singing.

Jungkook took his chance to walk my way, holding his arms out. I noticed one thing that did change greatly: their height and how big they had all become in the past few years. I remembered Kookie being quite small compared to his brothers and yet here he was, towering over me and some of his hyungs too. I released my arms from Hobi and covered my face, suddenly becoming shy when facing him. I heard a small scoff-chuckle from ahead as Jungkook gripped onto my hands tenderly, pulling them away from my face.

"Why are you covering your face? I have waited years to see my beautiful baby in real life again and now you are hiding from me?" he said, releasing my hands and sliding his own warm ones down to my waist, resting them there while examining my facial features one by one in fascination. I could feel myself blushing badly to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if my face was on fire, so I stayed with my head directed at the ground. But Jungkook would not stop until he got what he wanted; I guess that's where I learnt it from.

"Baby, look at me."

I attempted to look up at him but instead began giggling terribly, unsure of why but it managed to set off some of my brothers too. I could feel the positive vibe from Jungkook as he chuckled heartily, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into a tight, comforting hug.

"Still cute."

-

After 10 minutes of emotional reunions with one another, we cleaned away our tears and ordered our drinks. I was sat in the middle of all of them and I honestly felt like the luckiest girl in the world. We made sure to sit out of the way of windows as we didn't want paparazzi spying on us. God, the controversies that would be made if they were to see a girl with them...

"So...how is the big celeb world now!?" I asked, getting excited just by saying the word celeb. To think that they came from nothing was incredible. At this point. I would be proud to say I idolised them.

"I mean..." Jin starts, sipping his smoothie. "It's so heart-warming to meet ARMY but overall it's just a lot of practice. Most of the time we have, we spend practising, even if it's our free time."

"Yeah Jimin used to have like two hours of sleep a night and then he would practice dancing the rest of his time, which was obviously the wrong thing to do." Jungkook said making me gasp. Jimin promised me he was going to eat and sleep well.

"Jungkook-ah, you weren't supposed to tell her that." Jimin mumbled next to me, throwing his head down. Jungkook noticed Jimin's lack of enthusiasm with his comment and so brought my attention back to him once again.

"He's okay now though. He realised it was wrong and now he gets enough food and sleep." Jungkook added, making me smile Jimin's way, his face lighting up like a proud little boy.

"That's good to hear." I beamed, shifting my eyes around the table, deciding who I wanted to ask about next. I spotted Jin and suddenly my mind flourished with things I wanted to ask.

"So Jin, I heard your cooking skills are getting better. Why did you never cook for me at home hm?" I said sassily, tilting my head and sucking up some of my drink through the straw. Jin copied my action and crossed his arms, a slight glare visible in his eyes.

"You got better treatment than cooking at home, jagiya."

Word Count: 1455