Chapter 6

"SEHUN WHAT THE FU-"

"Shhh keep your voice down. Do you wanna draw attention to us?"

He was right I guess. I slammed the closet door behind us and folded my arms: wide eyes and heavy breaths accompanying by shocked state. Sehun!? No...nothing about what just happened was good.

"Why are you acting so calm!? You are dating Shanice, what the FUCK are you doing?" I whisper-shouted, causing him to let out a slight pitiful chuckle, looking into my eyes.

"You really think I wanna date someone like her when you exist, Y/n?" he mumbled in a deep voice, his eyes exploring my flushed features. I wanted to stay strong but every negative emotion was hitting me left, right and centre: embarrassment, anger, guilt, sadness. It was all just too much; walking away would just add to the struggle.

"Then w-what, why did you-"

"Shanice is good in some areas..." he explained, however he seemed to be getting closer and closer towards me, or maybe it was just my head going into panic mode. Without noticing, I was also taking small steps back only to come into contact with the wall.

"I've yet to explore different areas with you but I don't need to," he mumbled, bringing his hands up the side of my thighs, resting them on my waist. "I already know."

With this, Sehun apparently saw his moment and leaned in, but I happily responded with a, let's say gentle, slap across the face. He grunted loudly and held his face in pain, stepping back.

"What was that for you bitch? You seemed pretty happy to kiss me two minutes ago!"

"That was before I knew who you were. I can't believe you. You tried me in highschool and I fucking hated you then. What makes you think something has changed? Leave me alone." I said proudly, attempting to walk away when I see him charge at me from the corner of my eye, causing me to freeze. He once again invaded my privacy, getting extremely close to me, gripping onto my jaw and shaking my head.

"You don't realise how long I have wanted you. Since the day you walked into that school you are all I have ever wanted and now with your idiot brothers out of the way..." He pleaded, simply watching my innocent yet angered face. Before I could have brought my hand up to whack him for a second time, another familiar voice was heard from our left.

"She said leave her alone."

This brought both mine and Sehun's attention to the male voice. Kai. A smile painted my face almost instantly as I saw him. Thank god. But of course, Sehun couldn't react in any other way than with a loud, dramatized scoff.

"And what if I don't?"

"Sehun, look at her right now. You've got your hand wrapped around her face just to keep her speaking to you. If that's not a clear sign that she doesn't want to be here then I don't know what is. Now, let her go."

Kai's comment caused Sehun to look at my current state, my jaw aching from the grip his fingers had on it. I wasn't proud of what I looked like but at least it proved the point: He was insane for thinking I could ever like him back.

"Off." Kai demanded in a more stern tone than before, walking closer but still keeping a distance away, crossing his arms and leaning on the wall. Sehun continuously looked from me to Kai. Of course I wanted to break free but I didn't want to cause any more trouble. Kai's way seemed to be working which was shocking to me. How was Sehun actually letting Kai speak to him like this? And more importantly, who knew Kai could stand up to people like Sehun?

"You're an idiot." Sehun laughed out to no one in particular. He could have meant me or Kai but I don't think he even knew himself. His face was now turning a shade of red and I was happy to see it. His grip on my face was released and he pushed him self away from me, walking towards Kai. He extended his neck and bobbed his head forward towards Kai viciously spitting the word 'idiot' in his face.

And with that, Sehun was gone. I looked down at the floor in embarrassment for everything that I had experienced in the last ten minutes. But right now, the fact that Kai watched most of what just happened made me the most uneasy.

After what felt like an eternity, when in reality it was only a few seconds, I looked up towards Kai and gifted him with a bright smile, heading his way.

"Thank you s-"

But before I could finish thanking him, he started to walk off: straight past me, not even making eye contact. I stood stiffly and turned around. Who in the right mind, helps someone they aren't happy with? This was getting pathetic now. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him stroll down the corridor. I decided that this needed to end, I really enjoyed the time I spent with Kai and I didn't want to lose him. I quickly ran up the corridor, trying to catch up to him.

"Kai please. Just-," I blurted out once I finally stepped in front of him. I immediately wrapped my arms around his small waist, which was protected by a thick, cosy woollen sweater. I could feel his awkward stance but I didn't care. "Please. I'm sorry." I whimpered, breathing in the semi-strong smell of his cologne. When the final words left my mouth, I felt his arms come around me, embracing me back tightly. No words were said but there didn't need to be; It felt right. We finally let go of each other and pullled away, happy because we had finally sorted things out. I stood shyly in front of him, continuously pushing myself onto my tiptoes.

"I-I like you Kai."

Fuck. Not like that. NOT LIKE THAT!!

"NOT LIKE THAT I-I JUST- I JUST w-when I-" my attempt to play off my awkward confession actually worked as Kai did nothing but giggle. How cute. Thank the lords he didn't take it the wrong way; that would have been a whole other apology all over again.

"I like you too, Y/n."

Word Count: 1078