Chapter 28

I woke up slowly and sat up in a place I didn't recognise at first as I was used to waking up in my own bed. I was sitting on the living room couch with a blanket covering me. I saw that the TV had been switched off and I noticed that Kai had disappeared. I threw the cover off me immediately and got up, walking out into the brightly lit hall, making me squint; my eyes were still sensitive to the light. Something about Kai and my anger-fuelled brothers being in the same house made me uneasy and to see he was gone, caused my mind to rush to one thing only.

"Kai!??" I shouted, to see if he was upstairs or hopefully anywhere in the house. But no answer. At this point, I was practically flying up the stairs, taking two at a time and running to their room as quick possible. I pushed their door open forcefully and ran in, only to see them all sitting playing video games in their PJs. It was so weird to see them all doing something so normal when I have only seen them as 'K-pop Idols' for years. I hadn't seen this scruffy, teenage-like side of them for a long time and it was honestly quite sweet. But that wasn't the point.

"Where is he?" I exclaimed, eyeing them all but they didn't seem to take their eyes off the TV.

"What? Your boyfriend?" Jungkook mumbled, hitting his buttons with force, chewing on some sort of food. Frustrated sounds left the other guys mouths and it was pretty clear that they had just lost the round to the golden maknae. I remained were I was with a hand on my hip, until they all calmed down and payed attention to my presence. Jungkook simply looked my way, his proud smile dropping.

"What, you really think we would do something to him? Do you know how long it has been? we aren't immature anymore, Y/n."

"BOYS! Y/N! DINNERS READY!" I heard my mom shout. My brothers immediately began to hop off their beds and edge towards the door but I stopped them, putting a hand on Tae's chest and pushing him back.

"Yeah no, I don't believe you. You are sat here playing video games and you call yourselves mature!? Where is he?" I asked sternly this time, but all I got was a few humorous faces. I was asking them a serious question; keeping a straight face was the least they could do.

"Y/n. Believe us. We haven't done anything." Tae said, tickling me in order to pass me as I was blocking the door but I was blocking it for a reason. I still didn't believe them because where else could he be? Surely he would have told me if he was going out. But the fact my brothers where already occupied with something else made me wonder if they were telling the truth. I freaked out from the tickling and moved back, letting them through.

I walked back to my room to grab my phone which was left at my bed-side table. As I waltzed into the room, Kai's t-shirt was spread out on his side of the bed, covered in what looked like thick, green guacamole. How messy can he be? I rolled my eyes and put it in the washing basket for my mom.

I pulled up Kai's number and clicked call, before putting the phone up to my ear. please pick up...please pick up...please p-

"Hey sleepy head, you're finally up." He said, making me smile in relief.

"Thank god you're okay" I exhaled, placing a hand on my heart and jumping onto the bed.

"Why wouldn't I be ok?" He chuckled and I shook my head, hesitant to how I should answer.

"Uhm i-it doesn't matter, where are you?" I asked, scratching my neck and sitting up on the bed, checking myself out in the mirror across the room.

"Uhh, the guys ordered something from the Cafe and wanted me to come pick it up."

"Could it not just get delivered?" I said, with furrowed eyebrows as everything just seemed kinda off. I didn't know if it was because I was suspicious anyway but something told me they didn't ask Kai to go to the cafe as a favour.

"I'm not sure. Do they deli-"

"Kai, can you just hurry back please? I don't know why but things feel off."

"Y/N! Dinner! WE'RE WAITINGGG!" Jimin whined, his Busan Satoori peeking through. Unfortunately Jimin's scream interrupted Kai's answer and he had already hung up. All I could do now was hope he was on his way home.

"YES OPPA I'M COMING!" I screamed back, before sighing into my bed cover and picking myself up.

-

Kai's POV

I was in the middle of a call with Y/n when I got a call from an unknown number for the third time in the last 10 minutes. I told Y/n I will be right back and ended it after informing her that I was still at the cafe. She seemed pretty flustered for some reason so I wanted to keep her company on the phone to try and keep her calm but the unknown call was starting to irritate me.

I quickly pressed the answer button and put the phone to my ear once again, waiting for a response but the call simply ended; a few small beeps present on the other line. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and pulled my phone back in front of my face, getting up Y/n's number again. Maybe it was just a mistaken call to the wrong number. But why would it call me 3 times?

I put the phone to my ear and listen to the slow rings, expecting her to pick up almost immediately with how worried she sounded earlier however, it seemed to go to her voicemail. Weird. That wasn't like her.

"Number 54, order for pick-up!" one of the workers yelled out and I ran up to the counter, bowing towards the man and grabbing at the bagged pastries. The beep on the other line gave me the permission to start speaking.

"Y/n, I hope you are okay. You sounded pretty worried before and now you haven't answered your phone but please text me when you get this. I have your stepbrothers' stuff I just need to walk back now, I won't be long."

I ended to call and began stuffing the many pastries into a big bag quickly but before I could fill the bag with another pastry I felt a pat on my shoulder. I stopped what I was doing abruptly and turned around to a handsome man; a man who looked around my age.

"Sorry for listening in but...was that Y/n L/n?"

-

Y/n's POV:

I sat down in my usual seat and watched as all my brothers stared at me intensely, clearly angry that I expected them to do something bad to Kai, even though it has been years and they would never do something like that now.

"You didn't tell me that you asked him to pick something up, how was I supposed to know?" I grunted, being the stubborn sister I was.

"Oh my god, we completely forgot about that, we're sorry." Namjoon said, placing some chicken onto his plate, his vision going form me to the chicken repeatedly.

I knitted my eyebrows and watched as all my brothers give me apologetic yet suspicious smiles. What the fuck was happening? Why were they suddenly being nice?

"Y/n, eat up! You don't want it going cold."

"I will eat it, I just wanna wait for Kai. I don't want him being left out." I shot a smile around the table but Taehyung slammed his fork down at my comment.

"We can't be doing this every night Y/n, waiting for your stupid boyfriend, Why should we have to wait for him?" he grumbled, giving me the evils. What the fuck was wrong with them? They think they are all big celebrities now so they should get special privileges? Well no. That's not how it works.

"You all said literally 10 minutes ago you weren't immature anymore but to be honest I feel like you are more immature than you were before. You are being pathetic! I know it's hard for you that I have a boyfriend and you don't have anyone BUT DEAL WITH IT! I LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES ME!" I declared, standing up and storming out the room, running upstairs. I was about to head to where me and Kai were staying when I spotted my childhood bedroom, almost staring back at me and nodding with open arms. I wanted everything to be like it used to be again. I pushed open my old room door and felt the ancient breeze quickly hit my flustered, boiling body; something about it made me calm. I walked in and slammed the door behind me, sliding my self down the door and cuddling up to my knees. I needed Kai right now. Wherever he was and whatever he was doing, he needed to come back right now.

Word Count: 1559