Chapter 27

"Who are you?" Kookie said, pointing behind me with slightly furrowed eyebrows. It was clear they weren't talking to me so I turned around abruptly to witness a shy Kai smiling and stepping forward slightly.

"Hi I'm uh- I'm a big fan, it's such a pleasure to meet you al-"

"Hang on." Jungkook interrupted with a stern tone. Kai stepped back at his demand and clasped his hands together. The tension I was feeling in the room was not good but I knew it wasn't going to be any other way.

"Who are you?" Jimin asked, repeating Jungkook's earlier question.

"Uhm my-my name is Kai and I'm, uh, I'm Y/n's...boyfriend."

There was silence for a while and I could feel the already negative atmosphere hit rock fucking bottom. That was it. My eyes immediately darted to the ground, scrunching up my face at the cringe and waited for any sort of reaction from anyone. This is when I realised that the silence may be because they were waiting for me to explain, but as I raised my head slowly, Jungkook raised his voice.

"Oh."

That was all he had to say? Oh? As I looked from each of them I could see in their eyes that they were more disappointed than angry and it made me unhappy; I didn't want to upset them. I knew there was no way I was getting out of the situation without upsetting them, but something in me though they would lash out at me instead of being sad, but now seeing them like this made me wish I was getting screamed at right now.

They all stood around rather speechless as they eyed the man standing ahead of them, examining him like he was the most ugly, unimpressive piece of art in the gallery.

"You didn't tell us you had a boyfriend, Y/n." Tae mumbled, turning to me with a face of nonchalance but I knew that inside, a fire had started. The more they analysed the man ahead of them and came to terms with the fact that I was no longer theirs, their faces gave up on showing a sad expression and instead, displayed anger and vengeance.

"Um w-we starting dating after you...sh-shut me out." I mumbled, looking to the ground once again; The awkwardness was painful.

"So, I'm guessing your little boyfriend here is staying with us?" Namjoon snarled, looking him up and down multiple times, his tongue roaming his cheek. I didn't like how they were staring at him. They barely even knew the guy and they were acting like he had done a shit load of damage to me when in fact he has been nothing but the sweetest guy I have ever met.

"Yes he is and why is that a problem?"

"Y/n, come with us for a second." Jin grumbled, ignoring my question and grabbing my hand, taking me in the direction of the stairs. I sighed heavily and shot a sorry look back to Kai. He gave me a small smile back until I was getting turned back around by another one of my brothers, who were now all trailing behind me.

We made it to their room as Jin violently pushed the door open and pulled me inside, the rest of them filing in after me.

"Sit on the bed." Jungkook commanded, as the door got closed with another violent slam. I rolled my eyes yet still did as he said. I climbed onto Yoongi's bed and sat cross-legged, waiting for them to begin speaking.

Jungkook darted up to me, jaw clenched as he put his hands on either side of the bed, closing me in. I have said to myself multiple times that what I am doing isn't wrong. Anyone in the right mind knows nothing we talked about could happen anymore. I can't just wait for years and years until they finally decide they can get involved; it's selfish.

"What type of game are trying to play, Y/n? Are you trying to get back at us?...Hm? Cause it's a sick fucking way of doing so."

"There's no game. I thought you would understand by now, that there is no way anything we promised back then is gonna be possible now. You know it's not. Hell, you can't even walk past a normal girl without being rumoured about and I'm your fucking stepsister, are you not seeing the problem!?"