Chapter 33

"After you."

After finally escaping the paparazzi and making our way to the restaurant entrance, Taehyung removed his hand from my waist, leaving a gentle pat on my lower back as a gesture to hop inside the door he was currently holding open for me. The outfit they bought for me was absolutely stunning and evidently expensive, not just by the look but even the feel of it against my skin. The material was soft and silky against my body but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that, due to its lack of coverage, it failed miserably to keep me concealed from the freezing winter weather that was blowing my hair here, there and everywhere. So for that reason, I didn't hesitate to dash inside the restaurant, thanking Taehyung on the way.

The restaurant was decorated so beautifully for Christmas: garlands with frosted tips outlining many areas of the giant room, the lights beaming at the well-dressed tables, allowing them to radiate an angelic, inviting glow. There was a humongous Christmas Tree presented perfectly in the corner of the restaurant, sparkling brightly with lights and glittery decorations. After seeing it, all I wished for was a tree that amazing for myself; it was gorgeous. I continued to examine my surroundings while my brothers talked to the waitress at the entrance, who was most likely asking for their booking information.

The situation I was in was one I was extremely wary about. It was hard to forget the fact my brothers were famous now and there was a much higher possibility that people would start a riot just be witnessing a girl standing even a metre away from them, that girl being me. But so far I hadn't had any bad encounters and it put me in a calmer state than I had been in. I wanted to enjoy this night and so did they so I allowed myself to relax and appreciate this opportunity. As for my brothers, I couldn't tell if they met my level of apprehension because they had gotten so good at hiding their emotions. I couldn't tell what they were thinking like I used to be able to and that scared the hell out of me.

After what felt like an eternity, the waitress strolled over to our table and we followed her one after the other, Taehyung letting me go ahead of him once again. They were being such gentlemen tonight and I didn't know how to feel about it. Okay, I may have had a little accident but did I really deserve this special treatment? they were treating me like a princess having to pick between her seven princes and at this point; they were all neck and neck.

Jungkook pulled my seat out gracefully and gestured me to sit down so I bowed slightly in his direction and took a seat at the round table that had been reserved for us. Even the table was beautiful: a scented candle lit in the middle of the table with a miniature wreath circling it, all resting on top of a thick, white and gold table cover, a few areas of deep green visible. I spotted the drinks menu placed in front of me and immediately picked it up, skimming through them all until I got to the alcoholic ones. I ventured over to the 'cocktails' section, my eyes widening as I read the words that accompanied my favourite drink.

"Okay, I want sex on the beach." I said, slamming the menu down and eyeing the rest of the guys, who were all looking through the menu attentively.

"Another day baby." Hobi whispered from next to me, turning the pages of the menu and examining the drinks. I reacted with a blank, annoyed face as his joke failed to land but after no extra reaction from him, I started to wonder if he was actually being serious.

"It's a cocktail you idiot." I snarled in a bickering manner, however their smiles surrounding me turned into cold, hard stares. I sat back in my chair as the tension in the air was already beginning to build and I felt myself becoming stiff just from their quick change in emotion.

"Y/n, you're not drinking alcohol tonight." Joonie said from the other side of the table. His statement sent me straight into whiny child mode as I dropped my shoulders and formed my lips into a sad pout.