Chapter 29

Kai's PoV:

"Uhm. M-may I ask who you are?" I mumbled, slipping my phone in my back pocket and pulling the bag off the counter. The guy was tall and rather handsome. How did he know Y/n? Of course, my mind went straight to dating. He was attractive, Y/n was attractive, they looked around the same age: it only made perfect sense.

"I'm uh-I'm Josh. Y/n's ex?" He said, extending his hand my way. Yep. Her ex. I wonder why she never told me about him? I know we haven't had the conversation about exes but if I were to have any, I feel like it would have came up by now. I exchanged the bag of pastries between hands and shook his firmly.

"What a weird coincidence. I'm Kai, her boyfriend."

Suddenly, the man's face dropped and a flush of worry painted his face. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly at his odd change in emotion, before the guy pulled me closer by my fore arm. I made a surprised sound and waited stiffly for the guys comment, his breathing becoming heavier as he finally began whispering.

"Don't trust her, she's messed up...they all are."

And with that, he loosened his grip on my arm and looked around suspiciously. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Don't trust her? and who is 'they'? He gave me one last 'trust me' nod before grabbing his coffee and heading out the door, the bell chiming above him.

-

Namjoon's PoV:

"Taehyung, come check on Y/n with me." I said, standing up my seat and bowing to my parents for the lovely meal. They thanked us both as Tae and I walked out and made our way to the bottom of the stairs. I pointed up to where Y/n's room was and shot a glance at him.

"Only do it when I say and make sure she stays quiet." I whispered, receiving a nod from him as he made his way up, trying not to make much sound as we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves. We told them we were checking on her but we were doing much more than that. I pulled out my phone and headed in the direction of the study; the only room downstairs with a lock on it. The downstairs bathroom had a lock but that was way too close to my parents for me to make the phone call I was about to.

I locked to study door behind me and ventured over to one of the desks, slightly sitting on it as I brought my phone out from my pocket. It was important the door had a lock because no one could hear the conversation I was about to have. I pulled up the number for the fourth time today and hit call, bringing the phone up to my ear and waiting for him to talk.

"Penguin."

"Finally, what the fuck took you so long? I called like three times. Do you have the phone?"

"Yes, I got the phone. How else would I be calling you, idiot?"

"Josh we don't have time for this. Is he still in the cafe?"

"I don't know, I already left. He looked like a smart one, I didn't want him thinking I was suspicious sneaking around him and stuff."

"Did you speak to him?"

"...No I just did what you said. I took the phone and left."

"Okay good. Now all you have to do is come here, give me the phone and your job is done. Make sure you are quick, he is gonna be heading back here as well."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

-

Y/n's PoV:

I woke up on the baby pink, carpeted floor covered in my own cold tears. I didn't know how long it had been but the room was almost pitch black, the natural moonlight highlighting one area of the room. Once I finally came around,  I attempted to get up slowly on one knee and then the other, but I was so god damn weak that all I wanted to do was drop back down and cry even more.

I placed a hand on the bed that was freezing cold from the open window towering over it. I finally got up and took a deep breath, rubbing at my stinging, dry eyes. Before I could even begin to process what I was doing, a strong arm came around my neck. I gasped quickly and closed my eyes, before getting dragged back until we hit a wall. If I wasn't as weak as I was, I would have tried to fight back but I knew there was no way I would get out of his hold; which seemed to be getting tighter and tighter around my neck.

"Don't worry princess, just relax. You're okay." I heard him say in a husky yet worrying voice, before throwing a towel over my mouth and nose. At this point, I was trying to fight back except very weakly, but the tight grip around my neck brought me closer and closer to collapsing; either that or the substance he was currently smothering my face in, was knocking me out. After a few seconds, I felt myself going light-headed and the last thing I remembered was his arm slowly releasing me to the floor.

-

Namjoon's PoV:

"I called you. What took you so long?" I grumbled, as Kai stepped into the door. He sighed heavily and trotted my way, holding out a paper bag, presumably the one with the pastries in.

"Sorry, I lost my phone. I don't understand how it could have possibly happened though, when I distinctly remember putting it in my back pocket seconds before I-"

He stopped. I tried not to show much worry in my face yet I was fucking worried. If this plan was going to work, it would be nice to not have a smartass in the way of it. I watched his eyes widen slightly, his head tilting to the side before he came back to reality and looked in my direction.

"Sorry, I don't know what I'm saying. Anyway, here's what you asked for." He stated, holding the bag even closer to me but I didn't want it; it was only a part of the plan after all. I looked at the bag before looking back up at him, a slight look of disgust painting my face.

"You can put it in the kitchen. You took too long so we ate something else." I snarled. He simply paused and shot a somewhat fake smile my way, bowing forward and heading towards the kitchen. It's sad that he's trying so hard to be kind to us, expecting it in return. But he should know by now: the second he put his hands on our baby, he was no friend of ours.

Word Count: 1149