Chapter 21

I was, once again, woken up by the aggravating sound of Meghan's ringtone, causing me to jolt my head up from the pillow rapidly, not even allowing myself time to wake up properly. I knew if I didn't speak up about it soon, it was going to be happening every morning and it would be too late to complain. I held myself up like a seal on the bed and shot my vision to a waking Meghan who was currently beginning to sit up herself peacefully. Let's just say she looked the complete opposite of me right now.

"Meg, if you are so used to waking up at this time you shouldn't need an alarm!" I exclaimed grumpily, smacking her with a pillow, a surprised grunt leaving her mouth as the pillow came into contact with her face.

"Excuse me? you should be happy its waking you up on your first day of work!" she said, throwing her legs off the bed and getting up.

"ughhhh I don't wanna be uuuuup." I whined, sinking back into my pillow, lying on my stomach as I watched her walk elegantly towards her dressing table.

"Look, I know you had a bad day yesterday but that's in the past. Family always comes back together, don't worry about it. You have bigger things to worry about today." she said, wiping her face while examining herself in the mirror.

"I knoww but-"

"No! No buts. If you're going to be this negative about things then I'm afraid you're gonna have to find somewhere else to live, missy."

She always seemed to make me laugh in the worst moments of my life and I was really thankful for that. She seemed so effortlessly perfect, physically and emotionally. Sometimes it made me wonder how my brothers didn't fall for her. Why did they fall for me of all people? I am so ugly and untalented and to top that off, I literally had a sex on legs best friend and yet none of them batted an eyelid. What was it about me that made me different to any other girl?

"I understand how you're feeling but if I were you, I would suck it up and play hard to get. If you let them walk over you they will happily do it again."

I didn't think twice about Meghan's suggestion. By the tone in her voice she sounded like she was joking but little did she know...

That was exactly what I had to do.

-

Nerd

Kai where are you?

I'm sorry but I don't have a clue where the hell I am.

Please help I was about to call you

Can you see any street names?

No but I'm next to this like big building :/

Wow you may be the smartest guy ever but you cannot describe for shit

How are you expecting me to describe somewhere with no road signs Y/n??

just FaceTime me dork 🙄😂

I waited patiently for a call to come through as I watched Meghan checking herself out in the mirror. We had arrived at the studio and I was extremely excited as it was my first day working as a real model. I could hardly believe it and it seemed as though Meghan was even more excited than me. Usually the style here was quite elegant but today, we had quite trendy and stylish outfits: some of them I could see myself buying.

After facetiming Kai for a few minutes, he finally found the right location and it turned out he was heading for a restaurant instead. If there was one thing Kai was bad at, it was directions.

We were informed by an assistant that our manager wanted us in the main studio: I'm guessing that they finally had the set ready for us. The set was mainly white and blue and was very reminiscent of the Greek islands. There was props placed around and I immediately dashed towards a white-painted retro bicycle resting against the wall and sat down, crossing my legs and resting my hand on one of the handles.

Kai's PoV:

After ending the call with Y/n, I slipped my phone in my back pocket and continued down the road until I got to the building she told me about. It was a shame she was starting work today. I was hoping once I got here we could have a few days together but I guess that wasn't the case. Instead I had to visit her at work but I didn't really mind; as long as I got to see her, I didn't care where I had to go. I headed inside and panned my eyes around the huge reception area. There was a few lights dotted here and there however the room was pretty dim. I saw the reception counter on the left, however I noticed a woman sitting behind it: a creepy woman. She was looking me up and down with a huge, almost inhumane smile and it started to freak me out after a while. I looked to the ground and shifted my glasses up nervously, walking up to the counter, where the creepy woman was waiting.

"Well aren't you just adorable!?" She beamed, giggling. I looked up awkwardly and laughed along. Adorable? I didn't see myself as adorable but any compliment was a compliment I guess. I bowed forward slightly with a smile as a way of thanking her for the flattering remark.

"Where do you wanna go sweetie?"

Word Count: 922