Chapter 1

I still couldn't believe it. The path that my life had taken...I used to be a small town girl, married very young to a sadistic bastard, who tried to kill me. Yeah, sounds fun right? It turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me because it brought me to Colby. I was setting out snacks and drinks for tonight, but my ring kept catching my eyes. I held my hand out and stared at the beautiful blue heart cut sapphire ring on ring finger of my left hand. I was engaged!!! I told myself that I would never marry again, especially while I was still so young...but the heart wants what it wants. Colby walked into the room then, wearing only a pair of sweats, drying his hair with a towel. That's what my heart wants. "Hey babe, getting ready for your girls night in?" He smiled at me and hung the towel around his neck. His hair was curly, and still dripping a little water. It trailed down his neck and over his chest. I am always so amazed that this perfect creation loves me. I don't understand how I got so lucky but I'm so thankful that I did. I nodded at him and smiled. "I am. I'm almost finished. We're going to eat lots of junk food, watch scary movies, and gossip about you guys so much." He grinned at me, showing his dimples. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his forehead against my own. "Only good things, I hope," He replied, smiling and biting his lip. Damn him, he knows how that affects me. I couldn't help but blush every time he did that. He smirked and leaned back. "Are you going to tell them tonight?" I nodded and A huge grin broke out over my face. We hadn't told anyone about our engagement yet. He had asked me two weeks ago and we had kept it hidden. Well, he had told Sam, but that didn't count. Sam was like his other half. He knew everything. I mean everything. It was kind of annoying at times. I loved Sam like a brother though. He meant the world to me. I would be telling my best friends tonight. All of them. "Are you telling the guys?" He sighed. "Yeah...I don't know how they are going to react though. You know Sam and Kat have been together for like 3 plus years now and Corey and Devyn have been together for almost 5 or 6 I think. They think we are too young to get married." I kissed his nose. "I'm sure they'll be supportive. They love you." I shrugged. It was as simple as that. I had never met another friend group that was like a family than anything. It still amazed me how I ended up a part of it all. "You're right. I know." He kissed me then pulled away and grabbed an energy drink from the fridge. "I'm just nervous." "Doesn't Sam already know?" I thought he did, but he hadn't said anything to me about it. He turned a little red, and shook his head. "You didn't tell Sam?!" I was shocked. "You tell Sam everything! Hell, sometimes more than you tell me." I smacked his arm. "Why didn't you tell him?" "Because" He exclaimed. "I told you...I'm just not sure how he's gonna take it." He ran his hand through his messy wet hair. "It's always been us two, then it was Kat. We grew apart a little but we found our way back, stronger than ever. I know that we haven't talked about when we are getting...married." I think he almost choked on the word. "I just feel like it will be another step away from Sam." I rolled my eyes at him and smiled. "Colby, you and Sam will always be a part of each other. You must know that. There is not a force strong enough on this earth to tear you guys apart." I turned away from him, putting some dishes in the dishwasher. "Not even sex..." I muttered, but loud enough for him to hear. "Y/N, I apologized for that! He said it was important!" I turned back to him. "Colby, a cat video that Sam finds sooo cute is NOT an excuse to walk out in the middle of sex." He blinked at me, astonished. "How did you know that's what it was?" "Cuz Kat told me, you dummy." I laughed. "You guys will never be apart. It's like Kat and I have to accept the other as part of our relationships too." He stuck his tongue out at me, and scrunched his nose. "Hashtag Solby," I said, and stuck my tongue out at him. "Oh shut up!" He laughed. "Besides baby, we are still going to be in this apartment for a while and knowing you guys, we're all gonna live next door to each for the rest of our lives." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "You're okay with that?" I laughed. "I expect nothing less." He picked me up and spun me around, then set me down gently, keeping his arms locked around my waist. "You're the best you know that." "I do know that Mr. Brock." I replied, meeting his bright blue gaze. "It's about time you figured it out!" He laughed, throwing his head back a little. "Go finish getting ready before your hair dries that way." I told him. "Oh sh*t," He said, turning to leave. I smacked him on the butt as he walked away. "Hey! Don't touch me there!" I laughed. "You big goof!" I replied. He turned his head back and winked. "You love me." I smiled at him. "Always." I replied. "Always babe." I turned back to my task at hand and grabbed a few water bottles and sodas out of the fridge. Closing the door, I leaned back against it, and sighed. Married...it would work this time for sure. Colby and I...we were forever. Serena, my first bestie, was going to pissed that I didn't tell her sooner. Sam was gonna be pissed too. I cringed thinking about their reactions. The doorbell rang then. Colby ran past me to get the door.