Chapter 47

"Okay," Tessa looks over to me. "See you Y/n!" I smiled and waved goodbye to her and she headed out the door. Colby walked back over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, his hands resting on my lower back. He smiled at me sweetly, his dimples showing. I brought my hand to his face and let my thumb travel over the indention, then over to his lips, tracing them lightly. I recognized the change in his eyes. His pupils contracted and the blue darkened. Before I knew what was happening, he grabbed me under my butt and flipped me onto the bed, hovering over me, supporting himself with his arms. He had a wicked little grin on his face, that I found so absolutely sexy. His hair was hanging down, and it brushed my face as he leaned into my neck. I felt the goosebumps pop up on my skin, as his tongue trailed down to my collarbone, leaving light kisses on the way. I fisted my hands in his hair and pulled, knowing that I would receive one of those groans that I love so much. I felt his hand go down and reach my thigh, squeezing it. It then traveled up. My breathing was coming in pants, matching his. I reached my hands down, bunching his shirt in them and pulling when "COLBY!" sounded loud and clear from downstairs. He raised up and closed his eyes, bringing his hand away from me and bracing himself again. "This is going to be a long week." He replied, before falling sideways on the bed so that he was lying beside me. "COLBY," Another yell from his mom downstairs. "Coming MOM!" He yelled back.  I giggled as he stood up. "I'll be right back," he said winking at me, as he went out the door. I stayed laying on the bed, thinking. I could tell that Tessa meant a lot to him but I didn't understand why he didn't tell me that they were still so close. I was thinking high school girlfriend, probably hasn't spoken since he moved...I was apparently wrong. A couple of years ago is what they said...when we started dating. Was there something going on between them, before we started dating and Colby broke it off? He distracted me when she left, knowing that I wouldn't be able to think straight. I still couldn't help but smile as I brought my hand up to my mouth, thinking of Colby's lips.  He walked back into the room then, and smiled at me, with quizzical look on his face. "What are you thinking about?" He asked, as he came back and sat down next to me on the bed. I shook my head and blushed. "Nothing. Well, something." I said, as an afterthought. "What did your Mom want first?" I asked. He shook his head. "Oh nothing really." He smiled. "I had to get something off the top of the cabinets. She's couldn't reach it and Dad is in the shower." I laughed. "What does she do when you aren't here?" He shrugged, and placed his hand on my thigh. "I guess she gets a chair or something if my dad isn't here. Gage, my brother, comes around sometimes, but he moved out recently so he's not around as much." I sat up on the bed, and leaned into him, as he moved his hand from my thigh and placed it around my shoulders. He rested his head against mine. "What else were you thinking about?" He asked me quietly. I sighed, and turned to face him, his arm dropping from around my shoulders. I took his hand and laced my fingers with his. "Tessa." I replied, just as quietly. He let out a deep breath. "I figured. You don't have anything to worry about with her baby." His blue eyes burned into my soul and I believed him but I felt like there was something that he wasn't telling me. "Did you have a relationship with her after high school? Or while you've been in LA?" He blinked a couple of times. "A relationship? N-no." He stammered out and looked away from me. "We haven't been in a relationship since high school." He turned his gaze back to me. "Then she cheated on me. I would never be able to have an actual relationship with her after that." He leaned towards me, his lips only a breath away from mine. "Besides, It's all about you now. You know that." I nodded but I leaned away from him, because I still felt like there was something that he wasn't telling. That hurt my heart because I didn't think that we kept secrets from one another. "Okay. I'm going to go take a shower." I stood up and walked over to my suitcase, which was still on the floor. "Did I say something wrong?" He asked. When I looked back at him, he was running his hand through his hair again, looking worried. I felt my heart seize and I felt bad. I sighed. "No Colby. I just want you to know that you don't have to hide your past from me." There was shocked look on his face for some reason. I turned, clothes in hand, then turned back. "Where's the bathroom?" "Um, to the right, 2 doors down on the left." He looked like he wanted to say something so I waited for a second, but his mouth just opened and closed like fish a couple of times. I chewed my bottom lip and walked out of the room. I found the bathroom with no problem. It was nice with double sink, and matching blue and green bath mat and shower curtain. The walls were painted the same green as the design in the exterior accessories. It was a not something that I would normally choose, because I'm not crazy about patterns like that, but it worked. I figured out the water temperature and then undressed, putting my clothes in a neat pile to carry out. I always felt weird taking a shower in someone else's home.