Chapter 118

The longer I spoke, the more stern my voice got, and a small smile curved Colby's perfect lips. "Yes ma'am. I understand...and I promise. I want to talk to Kristie and see what, exactly, she had on Randy, and see if we can set him up somehow." I tapped my chin, thinking. "That's not a bad idea. Maybe get him to talk about stuff that he's done to me with Nick, and record it without him knowing. Still tho...I don't really know how much trouble he would get into. He only put his hands on me once, and that was just grabbing my arms. The rest was just him egging Nick on. Unless Kristie has something way better than that on him, and can get charges pressed, nothing is going to happen to him." He tapped his rings on the steering wheel for a minute. "Maybe not, but we may be able to threaten him into leaving town or something. Just let me think about it. We've still got a couple of weeks here. I'll figure it out." He laid our interlocked hands on my thigh and smiled at me. "We got this. We've handled so much  more than this. We can handle this too. You deserve to not have to worry about this and be able to visit your Mom in peace. That way, we can go to Kansas and here whenever we want without having to worry about anything messing up our trips. Maybe we can just have a good time, for once." It did seem like every time we got to a good spot in our lives, more drama came along to haunt us. "Okay...I trust you. We'll figure it out. I love you." I said, squeezing his hand a little. He shot me a grin then looked back to the road. "Always baby girl." My heart melts every time. Hearing that never gets old. We didn't really speak the rest of the way back to my mom's house. I got tired and closed my eyes, drifting a little before we got there. I felt Colby press his lips to my cheek when the car stopped. "We're here baby girl. Wake up. Want me to carry you?" I opened my eyes and smiled. "No, I was just resting my eyes. I think I'm okay to walk." "I'll still carry you." He said, a grin playing on the corners of his lips. I rolled my eyes. "I'm good Romeo. Thank you." He chuckled and got out of the car. I followed suit, leading the way inside the house. We were quiet, even though I heard the TV in my mother's room playing. Colby went to the kitchen to find us something to eat, while I checked in on my Mom. I poked my head inside her door, and found her lying back against her headboard, watching The Vampire Diaries. She looked my way when she heard the door creak, and smile broke out on her face. "Hey baby! Did you have fun?" I shook my head, coming into the room and lying across the foot of her bed. "I did at first, but then Randy was there and he started trouble. Kristie, Chris, and Colby all started fighting with him and his buddies. It got rough." "Oh no...is everyone okay? I don't understand why anyone puts up with that boy. He's such a...douche!" I laughed a little at my mom's choice of words. "Yeah, he is. I guess he puts on a good front and his family has always been well respected. It's just the way with old towns Momma. It's okay though, don't worry about it. Everything turned out fine. We're going to go hang out with them again, maybe this weekend at Kristie's house or something." She nodded, her eyes flicking back and forth between me and Damon Salvatore on the screen. I almost laughed. "That sounds like a good idea baby. Nobody will be around to start any mess." I nodded, agreeing with her, then turned my eyes to the screen too. I mean...Damon Salvatore. It's like my mom could read my thoughts. "That is one good looking man, that Damon." She sighed. "He really is." "Is he now?" Colby's voice made me jump, as I looked up and seen him standing in the doorway to my mom's room, arms crossed across his chest. I must have left the door open. Oops. I blushed and bit my lip. "Not as fine as you baby." I said, while my mom started laughing. Colby just chuckled a little and shook his head. "Do you want to eat in the kitchen or take it to the room?" "Actually, let's watch some TV while we eat. We can use the TV dinner trays and eat in the living room." He shrugged. "Okay, sounds good." I got up and looked at my mom, her eyes still glued to the screen. "Momma, do you want something to eat." She waved her hand at me in a shooing motion. "No, I ate earlier. You guys go ahead." I smiled. "Okay, love you." "Love you baby." Colby and I brought the food into the living room, setting our plates on the small tables, and got settled on the couch. I grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels till I found an old movie called The Outsiders. "Oh my God, this is my favorite movie of all time! We have to watch this." "That's fine with me. I don't care what we watch." Colby had never seen it before and I could tell that he was really getting into by the time Johnny killed that Soc. "Oh hell no, PonyBoy messed up his hair?!" he drug a hand through his own like he were imagining having to do it to his own beautiful hair. I'm not sure if I enjoyed the movie more, or watching Colby enjoy the movie. Definitely Colby enjoying the movie. When it was over, and we cleaned up our mess, we decided to go to bed. "It's been a long day." I said, yawning out the last couple of words. I pulled my dress off and pulled his shirt on over my head. "It has. Are you feeling okay? Do you think you might need to get checked over by a doctor while we're here with all the stress and the panic attack that you had? It was almost a bad one."