Chapter 35

His shock of blue hair adding a touch of color, making it pop. His eyes watching me walk down the....His eyes met mine in the rearview mirror. He smiled at me, then made a goofy face. My heart skipped a beat. I smiled back and mouthed the word "Always." He did the same, then looked back to the road. "That was so cute." Kat said, smirking when I glanced back at her. "Oh shut up." I said laughing, and swatting her arm. We laughed and talked a little while longer, until I eventually fell asleep. I didn't wake up until I felt someone lifting me from the car. I recognized Colby's hold, so I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled into his chest, not wanting to wake up. He carried me up to the apartment, and laid me down on the couch, kissing me softly, before standing up to walk away. "Colby," I said softly, opening my eyes and yawning. He turned back towards me. "Hey beautiful. I thought you would wake up sooner or later. That's why I didn't put you to bed." He smiled at me, not the big, beautiful one, but the smaller, cute one. "Can we talk?" I asked nervously, sitting up. His smile faded away, replaced by a worried expression. "Uh Oh, that's never good." I smiled then. "No, it's nothing bad. I'm just nervous." He sat down next to me on the couch, placing his hand on my thigh. "What could you be nervous about? I found you in bed with my best friend only hours ago. There's literally nothing that could top that." He joked. I rolled my eyes and groaned. "You scared the shit out of me, you know?" He said, more serious now. I looked sideways at him. "Why was that so easy for you to believe Colby? Don't you know how much I love you?" I asked him, taking his hand in mine and lacing our fingers together. He sighed heavily. "I don't know...Like Kat said, you guys had been flirting all day, hyping it up. I was already jealous but I told myself that I was being stupid. That there was no way that could be happening. Then you weren't in bed and I heard your voice and Sam's coming from that tent...I saw you covering yourself up when I looked inside, and Sam with no shirt on. I just reacted. It was like you had taken my heart and thrown it at my feet, shattering it into a tiny million pieces." I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the couch. I felt so much guilt now, my gut twisting in on itself. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. "It's okay." I felt his hand on my head, playing with my hair, and I opened my eyes meeting his peaceful blue gaze. "It was a prank." He shook his head. "If I had known that is what Sam was going to feel, or Corey, I never would have done that to them." He smiled at me then and squeezed my hand. "I'm okay now though. Yes, you scared the shit out of me and I was hurt but I'm used to the pranks. I've just never had anyone I loved, a girlfriend." He stopped for a second. "Correction, a fiance, around for this kind of prank. I wasn't prepared. Next time though." He smiled wickedly. "Next time I will be." I shook my head. "Not cool Brock. That wasn't my prank. It was Sam's!" He chuckled. "Doesn't matter. You helped." "But..." I whined. "Nope, you did this to yourself y/n. It's on now. You won't know when it's coming, but it's coming." I cringed. "Fine, whatever...but no cheating pranks." "Agreed. We're done with those." I nodded. "Okay, can we talk now?" He laughed, his deep chuckle making me smile. "I thought we were talking." I rolled my eyes. "About what I wanted to talk about jerk!" I exclaimed. Still chuckling, he replied, "yeah, go ahead." I took a deep breath. "Okay...I want to talk about the wedding." "Okaaaay...what about it? Are you having second thoughts? Because I got so mad at Sam? I'm sorry Y/n, I really didn't mean to do that! I just love you so much that I-" He was rambling so I stopped him, placing my hand over his mouth. "Stop." I said sternly. "I'm not having second thoughts. I just wanted to explain something to you and talk about some stuff." He brought his hand up to mine that was covering his mouth and moved it, pressing his lips to it, before joining our hands again and placing them on his leg. He let out a breath. "Okay...sorry." He said bashfully, blushing. I smiled. "Why are you so damn cute?" I asked, moving his hair out of his eyes. He rolled his eyes. "Stooop. Okay, what do you wanna talk about?" "I wanted to explain, or try to explain, why I'm nervous about setting a date. I always feel like I'm just waiting for something to come and destroy my happiness with you. If I set that date, the day that I'm pledging to be with you forever, then I'm letting the universe know, and it will destroy it." I looked down, sighing. "I know it sounds stupid. This is the longest that I've been happy and the universe has already tried to destroy us twice. My life has always been so complicated, and I feel like I've messed yours up in a way too." "Hey!" He exclaimed. "No. Don't ever think that!" He let go of my hand and pulled me close to him, hugging me. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Despite your psycho ex, despite being possessed by freaking spirits, despite Sam almost dying for me...You are worth it all. Besides, my life was crazy before you came along. Now it's just worth it. The universe didn't destroy us though, did it?" He asked me, pulling back and staring into my eyes. "We came through stronger than ever. We'll keep doing that, no matter what may happen in the future.