Chapter 151

"How could you tell?" I joked. She grinned and hooked up the heartbeat machine to me for the baby. "I'm assuming that he's the father. That's how." I laughed as she winked at me. "Yeah, he's freaking out just a bit." "That's how you know they care." She replied, and a feeling of warmth spread through my body. Knowing that other people could see how much Colby cared...that was everything. "Okay, we're going to leave this on so that we can monitor the baby's heartbeat, and the blood pressure cuff for you. Are you doing this natural or do you want pain medication? Maybe an epidural?" I had always thought that I could handle this naturally...but after those contractions, I wasn't so sure. "Maybe just the pain medication." I didn't really want a needle in my back. She nodded. "Okay, the doctor will be in to check you soon. We'll see how far you're dilated." I nodded, and she walked out, closing the door behind her. Two seconds later, Colby burst through the door. "Are you okay? Is the baby okay? Did I miss anything?" Still frantic, I see. I laughed a little and shook my head. "No, everything is fine. The doctor should be in soon to see how much I've dilated." Colby took my hand in his, just as another contraction hit me. "Uuughh" I groaned out, squeezing his hand. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm right here." He did the breathing exercises with me, until the pain passed. "I'm probably not going to like you very much soon," I joked through my tears. This shit hurt and it was getting worse with each one. He grinned, worry still etched in his face. "That's okay. You can cuss me all you want. I can take it." The doctor came in and Colby went to my other side so the doctor could have room. I was glad that my doctor had actually made it and I wasn't stuck with some stranger. He checked my cervix, while I looked into Colby's eyes. I whimpered a little with the pain. The doctor had a strange look on his face, when he was finished. "Okay, I'll be back to check you again in 30 minutes. You're dilated to a 3 right now, and you need to go to a 10. The baby still hasn't dropped yet though. That's a little unusual but I'm hoping he will soon. I do need to go ahead and prepare you for the possibility of a cesarean section (C-Section), if he doesn't." I gasped, fear filling my heart. Colby's grip on my hand tightened and he leaned down over me, kissing my forehead. "It's fine. Women have them all the time and everything is fine. Don't worry baby." I squeezed my eyes shut, tears threatening to overtake me. "Your husband is right. There's nothing to worry about if it comes to that as long there isn't anything else wrong." He noticed my panicked expression and back tracked. "Which there shouldn't be! Please don't worry, it'll just get your heart rate and blood pressure up, which will upset the baby. Let's just see what we have to do when I come back to check you, okay?" I nodded, and he left the room. "Colby!" I cried out, clinging to his arms, that had come around me. "I'm here. Don't worry. I'm right here. Our boy is strong and his momma is so so strong. You'll both be fine." I took a few deep breaths trying to calm myself like the doctor said. "Okay, hopefully he'll drop. It's okay. It'll be okay." Colby smoothed his hand against the side of my face, pushing my hair back. "That's right. Everything's okay." Suddenly, the door burst open and we both looked over to Sam and Serena walking in. "Do you guys knock? She just had her freaking legs open for the doctor! Damn!" Colby exclaimed, glaring at them. "Sorry brother. It was Serena's fault." Sam replied, motioning to S. "Well damn, throw me under the bus. How are you doing sweetie?" She asked me, leaning down to give me a hug. I told them what the doctor had said and they both gave me comforting replies, trying to sooth my fears. "The rest of the gang is in the waiting room." Sam told Colby. "Who all came?" He asked. "Everyone." Sam replied, simply. I was shocked. "Everyone?" Sam nodded. "Jake, Tara, Kat, Corey, Devyn, Brennen, Mike, Kevin...I think even Xepher and Griffin said they were on the way. Literally, everyone." I started crying. My friends were fucking amazing. They got to see a contraction hit me and I think Sam almost freaked out more than Colby. "What can we do? Can we do something?" His blue eyes were wide and panicked. Colby had my hand in his, bearing the pain of my squeezing his fingers to mush, while he looked at Sam. "No," He gasped out. "I got this." Oh now, you wanted to be calm. The doctor came in again and they left, promising to be be back after the baby was born. He checked me again, and smiled. "He has decided to drop, finally. He's just a stubborn one." I pursed my lips and looked at Colby. "Wonder where he got that from." I said, sarcastically. He just smirked at me. Another contraction hit me, harder than before, and sooner too. "Ow ow ow ow ow," I cried out, as the pain ripped through my body. These pain meds sucked. "That's the other thing that I was about to tell you." The doctor replied when the contraction passed. I looked at him questioningly. "Your contractions are coming on faster, and you're dilated to a 7. That means that the baby could be here at any moment, if you keep dilating this fast. We need to be prepared. I'll check you again in 20 minutes and I'll send the anesthesiologist back in to give you another dose of pain meds, if you think you'll need it." He raised his eyebrows at me.