Chapter 44

I turned to see who Tessa was but all I saw was a lot of shiny brown hair as he swung her around in his arms. I couldn't stop the surge of jealousy, even though I knew that I was being stupid. He finally set her down on her feet, but she still had her arms around his neck and he still had his arms around her waist. "Aw Colbear, I've missed you! What's it been, a little over 2 years now?" Colby glanced back over to me, meeting my gaze for a second. He quickly looked away and pulled her arms away from him, and stepping away from her. "Yeah, it's been a while." I could see her face now. She looked more grown up but it was his high school girlfriend. The one who cheated on him. The one he still talked too and I knew nothing about it. I watched him shove his fingers through his hair nervously. Something is going on with all of that but I'm not going to be some jealous, stalker girlfriend, so I turn back around in my seat and continue eating. I noticed his mom giving me a sympathetic look. Why was she doing that? I heard Colby and Tessa walking up behind me, but I kept looking down at my plate. "Hey Tessa, it's nice to see you again! How've you been?" Mr. Brock says, as they walk into the dining room. "I'm fine. How've you guys been? I feel like it's been forever since I've seen the inside of the house." "Tessa, this is my girl- my fiance, Y/N. Y/N, this is Tessa. The girl in the picture." She laughs and replies, "Oh we took a LOT of pictures together Brock. What are we talking about here?" I don't like her. I'm the only one who calls him Brock. What kind of pictures did they take together and why did she have to say it so suggestively? And why did she just hook her arm through his?! I took a deep breath, knowing that I was letting everything get to me, way too fast. I really didn't like her though. The way she looked at me, all smug as she hooked her arm through his. I wanted to wipe that smug little smile right off of her smug little face. Colby looked embarrassed as he looks me in the eye but he holds my gaze this time. I smiled at her and hold out my hand to her. "Nice to meet you." I say, in a fake cheery voice. She grasps my hand in her clammy one and holds it loosely. "You too." She replies, just as fake as I did. I see Colby roll his eyes but he says nothing. He disconnects from her and goes around the table to pull out a table for her to sit in. Him and his damn manners. He comes back around and sits beside me, putting his hand on my thigh underneath the table. "So Tessa, when did you get back in town?" He asked, picking up his fork. "Just yesterday, actually." She was staring at him, not looking at anyone else in the room. I was going to have to f*ck this bitch up...I could feel it. Stop it, Y/N! They're old friends. They have a lot of history and a lot to catch up on. I tried to calm the jealous rage that kept trying to build inside of me, and pretended to smile at her. "I needed to go to town, and I  saw your car as I was driving by. Thought I would stop in an say hi." Her gaze met mine, and she smiled back. "I didn't expect you to have brought home a fiance though!" Colby laughed, and brought our linked hands out and placed them on the table, showing everyone my ring. "When you know, you just know." He replied, leaning over to kiss me. I turned my face so that his lips could brush mine gently. When I turned back, I thought that I saw a flash of hate in Tessa's eyes...maybe not. When I looked back, her eyes were clear and she had a big smile on her face. "I'm so happy for you both! Hey do you remember that promise ring you got me in highschool? It had that inscription in it. What did it say?" Colby flushed, and he fidgeted in his seat. "I don't remember." He muttered. She smacked the table lightly with her hand. "Oh, I do! It said "You are every reason, every hope and every dream I've ever had." From the Notebook." She was looking at Colby with almost the same look of adoration that she had in the photo upstairs. "We were so in love." She just wouldn't quit talking. Colby looked at me, uncomfortably, then back to her. "No, we just thought we were." She laughed, and didn't seem bothered. "If you say so but we thought we were for a long time. That's why we kept hook--" She stopped herself and looked at his mom then his dad. "That's why we kept in touch for so long...up until a couple of years ago actually." She bit her lip and stared at him, but he was looking down at the table. What in the actual f*ck is going on here? His mother seemed very uncomfortable, while his dad was oblivious, eating and looking at his phone. His mom stood up and started clearing the table, since her husband was the only one still eating. I stood up to offer my help. She just shook her head at me, and waved us away. "You kids just go on up and get settled. That was a long trip, I'm sure you're tired." Colby and Tessa stood up, and Colby took my hand in his. He looked anxious and unsure. "Do you wanna hang out for a little while?" He asked her, squeezing my hand gently. Really? A big smile grew across her perfect complexion face. "Yeah, I would love too!" I put on a fake smile and didn't say anything. We both followed Colby up the stairs, but I made sure to not let go of his hand. When we entered his room, she sighed happily. Walking to the bed, she fell backwards on it, making herself at home. She rubbed the dark blue comforter, and smirked at Colby. "Remember how many times we got caught on this bed?" I gasped, and his cheeks flushed a deep crimson.