Chapter 109

"Because I like the name. That name is one of the most important ones in my life. If I have a son, then he will have the names of the two most important men in my life...if you agree, of course. I know that we didn't discuss these names. It was just a thought that I had." I looked up at him shyly, really hoping that he liked the names. He chewed his bottom lip for a second, then gave me that breathtaking smile. "I love it. I'm not crazy about the name Cole for obvious reasons, but I think it would be cool to have a son named after me...and I would love for him to have your father's name too. I owe him and your mom a lot." My mom sniffed again, and I looked over to her. She's sitting over there, tears streaming down her red face, smiling like she's never been happier. She caught me looking at her and gave me a watery laugh. "If you don't marry him, I will." He laughed, and gave her a one armed hug. "If she calls off the wedding, your next on my list." My mom actually blushed, and shooed him away with her hand. "Stop it, you big tease." I was seriously loving the way that they interacted together. I don't know why I was worried about in the first place. I should be worried about them teaming up against me, teasing me about things. I'm sure that would be happening a lot in my future. "Oh y/n, you remember Sandra, Kristina's mom? She called this morning, and I happened to tell her that you were in town for a little while. She told Kristie, and she wants you to call her so you guys can go out and catch up. Her number is on that pad, over by the house phone." Yes, my mom still has a house phone. She still has a VCR too, damned if I know why. "I would love too. That actually sounds great! I haven't talked to her since I...well, since Nick made me quit talking to most of my friends. I'll call her now. Thanks Momma." She smiled at me, then her and Colby started talking about the wedding, or something. I walked over to the phone, and started dialing Kristie's number. Colby and my mom now had their heads close together whispering....what were they up too over there? A voice coming through the phone snapped my attention away from them. "Hello?" "Hey Kristie! It's y/n." "Oh my God y/n! How've you been? I haven't talked to you in forever! I didn't know if I ever would again after you ran away! You know that Nick is in prison, right?" "Girl stop! That's too much at once!" I laughed. "I've been great actually. My life has really fallen into place. I know it's been forever since we talked, and I'm so sorry about that. I know about Nick. I'm the reason that he's there." "Okay, what?! We have so much to catch up on! Wanna go to The Ozone tonight and hang out?" The Ozone was our little towns example of a club. It wasn't great, and sometimes had really bad karaoke but it was almost all there was in this town. "Yeah, I would love too! Is it okay with you if I bring someone though?" "OOooo, my girl gotta man? Yes! Bring him! I would love to meet him!" I missed her energy so much. "Yeah, I got a man. He's actually my fiance. We're getting married next month." "AAAAhhhhh! I can't! What?! Okay, I have got to get back to work, and this is information overload! We'll talk more tonight! I love you bitch!" "I'll text you later, so you can have my number! Love you more!" I hung up the phone and looked back over to Colby and my mom. Well, I thought I was, but there was only empty chairs...where the hell did they go? "Mom?" I yelled out, walking into the living room. Colby popped out of the hallway, my mom right behind him. "What were you guys doing?" Colby slipped something in his pocket, and smiled at me. "Your mom was just showing me your Dad's old guitar collection. I didn't know he played." I smiled, remembering how my dad used to make up silly little songs for me. "He did." I replied, fondly. "I loved to hear him sing." "Hey Colby, do you want to watch home videos of our little y/n, while looking through the baby photos?" I groaned. God no...that's what the VCR was for. My mom was so old school, she always liked using what she was familiar with instead of trying out the new technology...well, that and we couldn't afford the new stuff. "I would love that...so so much." Colby replied, grinning wickedly at me. I scrunched my nose up at him and stomped over to the couch. Throwing my hand up at them both, I fell back on the couch. "Just get it over with." I grumbled. "I can tell by the way that you're acting that this is going to be a treat for me." "Shut up Colby," I replied, but couldn't help smiling at his beautiful self. "What do you want to start with first? Her dancing videos where she made up her own dances, or the older baby, toddler videos?" "Oh definitely the dancing videos!" I sighed...of course he would choose the most embarrassing videos that I had ever created in my life. I was stupid enough to want to post them on youtube, but I never did. Thank God. My mom got everything set up and started the first video. My little 14 year old self popped into the screen, playing with a CD player, starting the music. "Oh God," I groaned. I remembered this one very well. It was Justin Bieber's 'Baby' with Ludacris. This was a nightmare. Colby sat forwards on the couch, leaning closer to the screen, grinning. "You are fucking adorable." I hid my face in my shirt, pulling it up over my eyes, while my mom chastised Colby for swearing. "I know she's cute but watch your language please." I pulled my shirt back down.