Chapter 19

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, leaning back against the wall. "Oh, Colby is going to kill me. He might take back his proposal." I replied. Sam laughed. "There's no way that he would do that. That kid is head over heels for you." I leaned forward and he threw his arms around my shoulders. "That's why this is going to be amazing. Maybe do this during the camping trip too?" "Maybe," I said, shrugging. Colby opened the door right then, and Sam snatched his arms from my shoulders, like he had been caught doing something wrong. Colby narrowed his eyes looking from me to Sam. "What are you two doing?" Sam took a couple steps away from me, and shifted nervously. Oh, he was trying to make it seem like there was something going on! That little sh*t! "Nothing brother. Just asking Y/N what her opinion was on some of these stories that I found." I moved closer to Colby and wrapped my arm around his waist. He relaxed into me, and kissed my cheek. "Oh okay, did you find some good ones?" He asked. Sam nodded. "Yeah, I think so. I wanna go deeper though and see if I can find some even scarier ones. I want them to actually sh*t themselves." Colby laughed. "They might actually cry." "That...would be amazing." Sam replied, looking to the ceiling, like he was praying for that. I laughed. "You guys are so mean." They both looked at me simultaneously. "It was your idea!" They said together, then looked at each other and laughed. I blushed. "Oh yeah." "Okay, I'm gonna get back to it and see what else I can find. See you guys later." Sam threw his hand up, and walked back inside his apartment. Colby and I turned around, going back into ours. Walking to the couch, he grabbed my waist, pulling me down in his lap. His lips met mine, and he kissed me slowly, gloriously slow. Leaning back, I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I can't believe that I get to do this for the rest of my laugh. I love you Colby Brock." He leaned his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes, the blue smoldering. "Always." He replied. Hopefully he still meant that after these pranks. Before we knew it, it was time to leave for our camping trip. Sam and I had planned the pranks, hopefully pretty well. I was terrified but this is what they did. Sam and Kat were riding with us and Jake and Tara were riding with Corey and Devyn. It was a loooong drive. I had my feet propped on the dash board, singing along with the music, looking back at Kat who was acting crazy with me. We had stopped for McDonald's a little while back and the huge drink that I had sitting in the console was starting to take affect. "Where's the closest store?" I yelled to Colby. The music was really loud. He had been singing along but he stopped mid line, turned the volume down, and looked at me. "Huh?" "I need to pee. We need to stop somewhere. Like soon." He tossed me his phone. "See where the closest place is and tell me where to go." I checked it out and gave him directions. Soon we were pulling into some rinky dink little convenience store. "This looks sketchy as hell." Colby said, killing the engine. "You want me to come with you?" I shook my head. "No, I'm good. I'll be right back." Sam got out of the car with me. "I'll walk her brother. I need to go too." Colby nodded. "Thanks man." Sam and I went in and asked for the bathroom. They gave us each a long stick with a key on the end and told us it was outside around in the back of the building. Great. We came back out and walked around to the back. "So, did you tell Kat about the prank?" I asked him. We were walking side by side, our arms occasionally hitting each other. He shook his head. "Nope. I decided not too. I pranked her once, tried to make her think that Colby and I were a thing. I'm not sure that she bought it..." He shrugged. "Either way, it didn't affect her like it did me. So maybe this one will." He looked over at me as we reached the bathroom doors. "Remember, we have to make it look real and that this has been happening so little flirty comments, casual touching..." He started blushing. "This is weird, isn't it?" He asked. I nodded, probably blushing as well. "So weird." We laughed. "We'll get through it and it'll all be over this weekend." He looked thoughtful and ran his hand through his blonde hair. "I'm going to be very busy this weekend." He put his hand on my shoulder. "Okay, let's brave the bathrooms in this place." We unlocked and opened the doors, Sam making a grossed out face before he walked in. I went in and did what I had to do. I checked my hair and makeup in the dingy mirror. The lights started flickering and I freaked out. I barreled out of the bathroom, running straight into Sam, who had been waiting for me. We both yelled and hit the ground, me on top of him. "What the hell happened?" He asked, grabbing my arms. "Are you okay?" We heard people running around the corner. Looking up, I met Colby's eyes as I lay on top of Sam. We both hurried to get up and we brushed our clothes off. "What's going on?" Colby asked, jogging up to me. Corey and Jake were right behind him. "We heard yells." I laughed slightly, looking at Sam. He met my gaze then glanced away quickly. He was a really good actor apparently. I hadn't known that. Colby caught the gaze. His eyes narrowed but he didn't say anything. "I was in the bathroom and the lights started flickering like crazy and--" Corey cut me off. "No, they didn't! Are you serious? BRO!" He grabbed his head.