Chapter 103

Colby pulled me up a little, squeezing me to him, hugging me tightly, as my own arms went around his back to hold him just as tightly to me. The doctor let us enjoy our moment, before telling me that he was going to print out the pictures, and give us a cd recording of the baby. He helped clean my stomach off, and left the room, saying that the nurse would be back to see us out. I hopped down off the table and Colby handed me my clothes. We didn't speak but it was a comfortable silence, both of us lost in our thoughts of the miracle that we had just witnessed. That little image on the screen was a mixture of both of us, soon to become a tiny little human, that we would be able to hold in our arms. It was really unbelievable. When I got my clothes back on, I sat in Colby's lap until the nurse knocked and entered the room. "Okay, here's the printout of the baby, and the video, plus a prescription for prenatal vitamins. Make sure that you take these as directed. Let us know if you have any problems, otherwise, we'll see you at your next appointment. We should be able to find out the gender then!" I looked over to Colby and smiled. "Thank you so much," I replied, and we followed her out. On the car ride home, I kept staring at the photo of our baby. The more I looked at it, the better I could actually make it out. "Look baby, there's the little fingers, I think. No, wait...yeah, that's a finger. Is it flipping us off?" I flipped the photo the other way while Colby laughed at me. "I would not be surprised if it is." I laughed with him, and took his hand, holding it the rest of the way home. We went to Sam's apartment first, Colby knocking and walking in without waiting for an invitation. "Hey brother, got something for you to see!" He already sounded like a proud daddy. He pulled me to the couch and sat me down, before popping the dvd in Sam's computer. "What are you doing?" Sam exclaimed, watching his laptop protectively. "Watch," Colby said simply, staring at the screen. The grey blob appeared and he sat back on the couch next to me. Sam sat down on the other side of him. "Is that..." Sam's voice trailed off, while his eyes stayed glued to the screen. "Yep." Colby said, smiling at him, looking at him, waiting for him to react. It was actually one of the cutest things ever. He wanted to see Sam's reaction, but he couldn't help constantly looking at the screen too. "Oh wow...that's amazing. Is that the head?" Sam pointed. Colby nodded. "Yeah, that's it." "Its got a big head...like its daddy." I laughed, and Colby shoved him in the shoulder. "My head isn't big. Yours is just tiny. Now watch." The baby started moving and Sam reached out to touch the screen, trailing his finger over the arm that was trying to wave. "This is actually amazing..." His voice was low, and awestruck. Colby leaned back on the couch, watching him, proudly. Seriously...like a proud dad. I almost cried again. "See it kicking? Its already so strong." Colby boasted to his best friend. There's the tears. They slipped over my cheeks silently and I wiped them away. This was beautiful. I watched their interaction while they watched the screen and it was actually one of the best memories that I've ever made. Eventually, we showed the others, and they were all amazed, cooing over the smallest details, and some even crying. Mainly the girls, but I'm pretty sure that I saw Corey wipe at his face a few times. Of course, I cried even more, reveling over how amazed our friends were and how Colby had watched it so many times, that he pointed out every little detail to them, bragging about how strong or smart the baby was already. Best memories ever. I started snapping so many photos and videos, thinking that I could show the baby, when it was older, how everyone had reacted to seeing it for the first time. After all of that, it was finally time for the girls to get their bridesmaids dresses, and Serena's maid of honor dress. It was the same color, one shade darker blue than my own, but a slightly different style than the others. The guys, including Colby, picked up their suits, with no problems. I accidently walked in on Colby trying his on and realized that he had gotten a tuxedo anyways. I turned around and walked out, not wanting to see the entire thing. I wanted the full effect when I walked towards him on our special day. Soon enough, it was time to go on our trip to see my mom. We boarded the plane, and stored our carry ons. While we waited for take off, Colby leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Do you think she's going to like me?" I smiled at how nervous he sounded. I turned my face towards him, and gently kissed his lips. "I know she will. You make me happy. That's all a mother wants for her child. For them to be happy." I rubbed my hand across my stomach, and his eyes drew down to it. He smiled, took my hand in his, and put his headphones in. I did the same, leaning back some in my seat. Might as well get some rest. When we finally touched down, and got our rental car, I was the one getting nervous. I hadn't seen my mom in over a couple of years, she's just now meeting the man that I will be married too in a couple of months, and I have to tell her that I'm pregnant...this was going to be one hell of a visit. I let Colby drive the flashy BMW that the rental company gave us, and directed him towards my old home. "Look, it's not a flashy house" I started explaining to him.