Chapter 101

"You're supposed to be on my side!" I giggled at his surprised expression, and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I will be when it matters. Always." His lips curved a little, but he grumbled. "That mattered." I just shook my head, and turned my attention back to the guys. "I'm about 2 and half months by now, I think. So, do that math." I laughed. They both scrunch their faces up. "I don't like math." Mike said, pouting. We all laughed at his joking. Though, I don't know anyone who actually likes math. "You'll meet him or her in about 7 months. I'll get the estimated due date when I go for my appointment on Monday." "Wait, you have an appointment Monday? Why didn't you tell me?" Colby turned me to look at him. "I just remembered earlier when I was in the room with Kat. So I'm telling you now. Are you free to go with me?" He nodded, thinking. "Yeah, I think we have a couple of meetings, but nothing that we can't move around, right?" He asked Sam. Sam nodded and smiled. "Yeah brother. If we can't, I'll take care of it. This is more important." Colby smiled at him. "Thank you brother." Colby and I took every opportunity to prepare for our upcoming trip to my hometown, and I took every opportunity to go over the wedding details with the girls to make sure that nothing would go wrong. I talked everything over with Colby, trying to include him, but he would always just smile and nod, saying that whatever I chose would be fine, unless I really pressed him for his opinion. "Did you get your suit sized yet?" I asked him, while we were getting ready for the doctor's appointment. He lifted his head, pulling his pants up, and smiled, taking my breath once again, as his blue streaks fell over his eyes. "Of course I did. It fits like a glove. You're gonna love me in it." He winked, causing me to blush. "What about Sam and the other guys? Everyone set with no problems?" He walked over to me, his shirt in his hands, and grabbed my waist pulling me close to his body. "Everything is going to be fine, it's going to go perfectly, but even if the sun fell out of the sky, it would still be perfect, as long as we get to say I do. Okay?" He brought his hand to my cheek, and let his thumb trail over my lips. I nodded, transfixed by those damn eyes again. "Okay," I breathed out. "You should put your shirt on." He smirked. "Why?" "Because, we can't be late this time, at all, and we will be if you don't put your damn shirt on." He started laughing at me, so I slapped his arm playfully. "It's not funny!" I exclaimed. He leaned over and kissed me gently. "It is very funny but don't worry. You have the same effect on me." With that, he kissed me breathless, doing wicked things to my mouth, before breaking away and sliding his shirt over his head. Great...now I'm going to be all worked up while a gyno pokes around...literally. I really hope that they can pick up the baby on the regular ultrasound and they don't have to use the internal one. When we arrived at the office, I took Colby's hand and laced my fingers with his. He gave me a gently squeeze and opened the door for me, letting me walk ahead. I signed in and we sat next to a woman that looked like she was about to explode. Oh my God, that's what I was going to look like. How could she even lift that thing?! "It's not nice to stare." Colby whispered in my ear, chuckling lightly. I blushed again and looked down at our hands in my lap. There were babies crying in a few mother's arms, some tired looking dads trying to be supportive, a few more moms that looked like they were about to explode...then a few that you couldn't really tell if they were pregnant or just here for a check up. We sat there, me nervously twisting the rings on his fingers, while he patiently allowed me to do it. I know it had to be annoying but he never said anything. Finally, after what felt like forever, they called my name, and we walked back, following the nurse to a room. I climbed up onto the grey exam table, with the freaking stirrups, and Colby took a seat in the hard backed chair that was available up against the side wall. The nurse walked over to a cabinet and pulled out one of those dreaded paper gowns, and turned back to me. "I'll need you to undress and put this on. Dr. Grossman will be performing an exam on you today to make sure that everything is okay, and possibly a transvaginal ultrasound if we can't pick up the heartbeat with the abdominal ultrasound." Great...so the probe thing. Fuck. I nodded, and took the gown from her. "The doctor will be in soon." She closed the door and I stood up, turning my back to the door to undress. I put the gown on backwards so that I could pull it closed, and my ass wouldn't be hanging out of the back of it. "I don't think that's how it goes." Colby replied, watching me from his little corner of the room. "Shut up Colby." I could hear the laughter in his voice when he replied. "Oookay...I was looking forward to seeing your ass hanging out though." I turned back around, and climbed back onto the table, flipping him off. This just made his laugh harder. There was a knock on the door and I pulled the paper gown tighter around myself, shifting and making sure that it covered everywhere before yelling come in. I don't know why I was worried about that. I was going to have a baby and this man was going to see more of me than I ever wanted him too. "Hi, my name is Dr. Grossman. I'll be performing the exam and the ultrasound today."