Chapter 140

My eyes filled with tears as I looked at the blue cake lying across the plate. I met Colby's eyes, and his face was dumbstruck. "A boy?" He said, like he couldn't believe it, like he was in shock. "We're having a little boy?" A grin broke across his face, and he picked me up, kissing me. "We're having a boy!!" Everyone was cheering, and crying, trying to hug us as we held on to one another. "I always wanted a little boy," My Mom said, hugging us both at the same time. "Hey, I thought I was your son now." Colby replied, grinning at her. She smiled back and patted his cheek. "You are...but this one, I can spoil." He pouted. "You can spoil me. I don't mind." They laughed together. I think that I was in shock. A little boy. I always saw a little girl in my head but...a little boy...with chubby cheeks, and bright blue eyes that sparkled when he looked at me..."A boy," I whispered, placing my hand on my stomach. There was a strong bump against my hand, like he was answering me. Before I knew it, it was time for the first dance. Colby had been practicing. I could tell. He still wasn't the world's greatest dancer, but he glided around the dance floor with me, like he knew what he was doing. "When did you learn how to dance?" I asked, smiling up at him. He blushed a little, and nodded to the crowd. "Corey has been giving me lessons. I figured I shouldn't look like a complete idiot on the dance floor." I laughed, and laid my head on his chest as we slowed down. "I love you Colby." He tightened his arms around me. "I love you too. Always." As tradition goes, the groom had his dance with his mother, while I danced with Elton. My mother's eyes shown with tears as she watched Elton take me in his arms for the father/daughter dance. "Y/n, I know I'm not your father, hell, I'm not even old enough to be your father. I want you to know how honored I am that you asked me to do this. I'm so proud of you and I'm very thankful that you came into Colby's life. You changed him. My little emo nephew is too happy to be emo anymore." I giggled, letting Elton spin me. "He's still emo. That's part of what I love about him. Thank you Uncle Elton. Thank you so much for being here with me for this." He smiled at me. "Of course sweetie." I danced with everyone. Sam, Corey, Jake, Brennen, Colby's dad, Gage, Chris, literally everyone. The girls and I even had a group dance, acting like fools, and having a great time. Finally, it was time for me to throw the bouquet before Colby and I headed off to the airport. I stood at the back of the tent, with my back turned to everyone, listening to the shrieks and complaints of pushing, accompanied by the laughter of my friends. "Okay, we're ready! Just throw the damn thing!" Yeah, that was Kristie. I laughed and shook my head. "Okay, here it comes!" I chucked the flowers over my head as hard as I could, and turned to see where it would fall. The girls leaped for it like their lives depended on it. "Got it!" I heard someone yell but I couldn't tell who it was over the commotion and the jumble of bodies and dresses on the floor. Finally, a head of blue hair emerged from the mess, holding the flowers high above her head. "Brotheeeerr," Colby said, a smug smile curving his lips as he looked at Sam. Kat had caught the bouquet and she was grinning from ear to ear, staring at Sam. Colby's nudged him with his elbow. "Looks like you're next, huh" Sam's face had drained of color and he was looking at the flowers in Kat's hands, his mouth slightly open. "Um," was the only thing that came out of his mouth. Kat walked up over to him laughing. "Chill love, it's not like I want the minister to marry us right here, right now." Sam laughed nervously, and then glared at Colby. "I blame you for this." Colby shrugged, grinning. "I'll take the blame. I can't wait to be best man." Sam pursed his lips, trying to hide his smile. "Nah, I'm choosing Jake when the time comes. It's your fault that she's even thinking of marriage." Colby laughed. "You're full of shit. I'm your best man...and you'll thank me one day. Take chances brother." He looked at me, his eyes burning. "You never know what will happen." Sam laughed and clapped his back. "You're right. It's also time for you to remove and throw the garter." Sam winked at me and I knew that my face automatically turned so red. I had been dreading this part but Colby insisted on it. This was the only thing that he had actually insisted on so I agreed...but his removing this lace thing from my thigh...with his teeth...in front of everyone...dear God help me. I barely heard the cheers as I was lead to a chair in the middle of the room. I sat down, face flaming as Colby knelt down in front of me on the floor. He grinned wickedly at me, knowing how this was going to affect me. Embarrassment and arousal flooded through me. He hadn't even touched me yet! This was ridiculous...I was ashamed of myself. His hands gripped my ankles, and I jumped at his touch, his eyes burning into my own. His gaze never left mine as he grabbed the hem of my dress pushing it up to my knees. His hands trailed up my calves, feather light, leaving a tingling sensation when they touched. "Hell yea Colby, get it!" Shut up Brennen. "Jesus Christ, how has she not jumped him yet? That's a lot of sexual tension." Damn it Kristie. Can everyone just shut up? I can't breathe! Colby's eyes were burning into my soul again, and I forgot how to.