Chapter 146

"We can stay." Colby replied, noticing my sad look. I shook my head and gave him a sad smile. "No, we can't but thank you." My mom, Kristie, and Chris were still in LA waiting for me to spend time with them before they left. "We'll come back. Maybe every year for our anniversary?" Colby suggested, raising his eyebrows questioningly at me. I smiled broadly, loving that idea. "That would be amazing." I replied, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning up to press my lips against his. "Then it's a date." He replied, grinning. Way too soon, we were back in LA, headed to our apartment. "Do you realize that this will be our first time in our apartment as a married couple?" I asked, looking over at Colby. He smiled, putting his arm around me in the back of the Uber. "I do realize that. Weird, isn't it?" I giggled a little, playing with the wedding ring on his finger. It wasn't as bulky as his other rings and didn't stand out as much but, to me, it was the most beautiful one of all. "Yeah, kinda." We made it home, and unloaded the car, carrying our stuff up to the apartment. Colby carried most of it, not wanting me to 'strain' myself. He was really overprotective of me lately. Probably because my stomach was starting to swell even more. I was almost 5 months pregnant now, in my 2nd trimester, and I could definitely tell. I was starting to get heartburn for no reason, my back was starting to hurt, and I swear that my boobs had doubled in size in the last week. My bras barely fit, a fact that Colby was quick to comment on when I was changing this morning. I thought back to that moment and laughed a little. I was standing in front of the floor length mirror in our room, staring at my breasts trying to spill over the cups of my bra. "What in the actual fuck?" I muttered to myself, trying to push them back inside the cups. Colby walked out of the bathroom and saw me, his eyes growing wide. "Oh," he said. "Ugh, I know, this is ridiculous." I groaned. He shook his head slowly. "That's not what I was thinking." He replied, his eyes still on my chest. "Are they gonna stay like that?" My mouth dropped open, and I turned to face him. "Oh my God, Colby!" I threw the shirt that I had in my hands at him, while he started laughing. "I was just asking!" He retorted. I just shook my head, smiling. "Can you give me my shirt back?" I held out my hand for it. He shook his head. "Nope. You'll have to come get it," He replied, with a devilish glint in those pure blue eyes. That incident caused us to almost be late for our flight....but it was worth it. We made it to the apartment finally, Colby breathing heavily, lugging all of our luggage except for the 2 small carry ons that I was carrying. "I told you that I could help." I sighed out. He shook his head and dropped the bags in front of the door. "No, I don't want you risking it. I read somewhere that pregnant women aren't supposed to lift heavy things." He unlocked the door, while I just smiled at the fact that he was reading up on pregnancy. If that wasn't the cutest shit, then I don't know what is. He swung the door open wide, then swung me off of my feet, bridal style, making me yelp again. I started laughing, and kicked my feet again. "Didn't we already do this?" His eyes blazed into mine. "Not in our home." He leaned his head down and pressed his lips to mine, before taking the first step into our home as a married couple. "So how was that Mr. Brock?" I asked, as he set me on my feet. "Feel any different coming home a husband." He chuckled and turned back to get the bags. "Very." I laughed, then almost jumped out of my skin when I heard someone scream. "Y/N!! You're back!!" My mother came barreling out of her room, and almost choked me with the grasp that put around my neck. "Okay, hey mom. Can't breathe." I gasped out and she loosened her grip. She pulled back and looked me up and down. "Oh my goodness," She breathed out. She placed her hand on my stomach as Colby walked back into the room. "You've grown so much. Or he's grown so much. What are we calling my grandson?" Colby smiled at her. "Hey Momma," He said, happily. "Colby," She replied, and fell into his arms, letting him squeeze her tight. Damn it, my eyes watered up. I was kind of getting tired of that. This baby was making me soft. "We're calling him Noah. Remember? Noah Cole Brock." Colby replied, his arms still around her. She pulled back and stood in between us. "That's right. Your daddy's name." She already had tears in her eyes. "Not doing this!" I exclaimed, walking into my bedroom to collect myself. There was Kristie passed out on my bed. "What the hell?" I said loudly, shocked that she was there. Her eyes popped open in surprise. "Hey babe!" She said, jumping up to hug me. "Oof, you've gotten bigger!" I rolled my eyes. "I know that. What are you doing here?" She smiled. "Resting and waiting for you to get home, dummy. S will be here soon too. Actually, everyone will be. I really love your friends, B T Dubs!" I inwardly groaned. I wanted to see my friends, I really did...but we had literally just gotten home. I was exhausted after everything in Hawaii and Colby and I hadn't slept much the entire time we were there...Christ. I faked a smile. "What time is everyone going to be here?" She looked at her bare wrist...wonder where she got that habit from? Sam, of course. "Um," She replied, looking back up at me, just as the doorbell rang. I sighed heavily and headed back into the living room.