Chapter 114

With that, she turned on her heel, and darted up to the bar. Colby pulled my chair out for me. I sat, then he took the seat next to me. "So what do you think so far? I know she's full of energy but that's part of the reason I love her." He smiled at me, and tucked a curl behind my ear. "I like her. She's protective of you." I looked towards the bar, and watched Kristie lean forwards over the counter flirting with the bartender. I shook my head smiling. "yeah...she's special."  "Hey, this is our table." I looked to my side to see Chris standing there with his date. His eyes locked with mine and his brow furrowed, recognition flashing in his green eyes. "I'm guess Kristie didn't tell you that I was back in town for a few days?" I replied, smiling at him. He shook his shaggy brown hair and held his arms out to me. I stood and went into them, letting the familiarity wrap around me. "Oh my God, y/n, I've missed you so much! When did you get back?" He pulled me back to look at me. "Holy Shit, you got hot!" I laughed and punched him in the arm, looking back at Colby. He had his head cocked, watching me with a small smile on his perfect lips. "I got back a few days ago. Chris, there's someone I'd like you to meet. This is Colby, my fiance." I held my hand out to Colby, and he took it, standing next to me. Chris held his hand out to him. "Hey man, it's nice to meet you. I'm Chris." "Hey bro, how's it going?" Colby replied, shaking his hand. "Wait, did you say fiance?" He still had a hold on Colby's hand, but his eyes cut to me, surprise on the face that looked so much like Kristie's. "Seriously?" I nodded. "Yeah, I'm guessing your dear sister didn't tell you that either." "That bitch doesn't tell me anything." He joked. "She loves to surprise me...with literally everything." The pretty red haired girl nudged him. He looked back at her, then back to us. "Oh, you guys, this is my girlfriend Abby. Abby, this is my old friend y/n and apparently her soon to be husband." He drug his hand through his sweaty hair. "That's still something that has to sink in." Her voice was soft, reminding me of Devyn, only it had a higher pitch to it. Her pale freckled skin went well with her red hair, and hazel eyes. "Hi, it's nice to meet you guys." She raised her hand in a shy wave. I smiled at her. "It's nice to meet you too." Colby just smiled and returned the wave. There was no way that she could hide the blush that crept up her pale face, so she looked down at the floor. Guess he had that effect on literally every girl he meets. Good thing I didn't get jealous too easily about the small stuff. We all sat down around the table, and started chatting about the old days, Colby and Abby sitting quietly unless they were spoken too. I tried to include Colby as much as possible, telling him all of these little stories that I had almost forgotten. Kristie eventually made her way back to the table, a green apple Smirnoff in her hand. I saw that it had a darker color to it than it normally would. "You're still doing that?" I pointed to the drink in her hand. "What?" "Getting the shot of Grenadine added to it." A smile broke out over her face. "I never stopped doing it. I know what I like." I tilted my head. "It was a really good creation, wasn't it?" I said laughing as she turned the bottle up. She held the bottle towards me, offering it, before she remembered that I couldn't drink. She moved it towards Colby. "Wanna taste it handsome?" He looked towards me, seeing if it was okay. I shrugged and nodded. I didn't care and he could drink if he wanted too. I guess that's what made our relationship work so well by now. We always checked on what the other thought by reflex now. It cut down on unnecessary, stupid arguments. He took the bottle, pressed it to his lips, and turned it up. Bringing it down, he licked his lips, catching the excess moisture with his tongue. If I hadn't been staring myself, I would have noticed that everyone at the table was staring at him too. Chris was bisexual, so I'm sure he thought Colby was hot too. "That tastes like a caramel apple. That shit is good!" We all laughed, and Kristie took the offered bottle back. "Right?!" She exclaimed, turning it up again. "I usually don't drink the fruity stuff. I prefer Jack with a chaser, but that's not bad." A dark, scarred hand slammed down on the table, in between Kristie and Colby. We all jumped a little and looked up to see Randy's beady stare glaring back at us, a cocky little grin on his face. Colby bristled beside me, his eyes turning to stone. "Two times in one day y/n? Guess it's my lucky day." "Fuck off Randy. We aren't bothering you or anyone else." Kristie said, glaring at him. "I'm just saying hi to an old friend. She was practically my sister in law." His eyes flicked back to me. "Isn't that right y/n?" I felt the anxiety starting again as the old fear tried to claw it's way back up my throat, but I fought it down. Colby's hand squeezing my thigh was helping keep it in check too. "I'm pretty sure most brother's wouldn't emotionally and physically abuse their sister, or let someone else do the same." I turned my head to Chris, who had his arm protectively around Abby, glaring at Randy too. "What do you think Chris? Would you let someone to that to Kristie?" He shook his head in a jerky movement, his jaw clenched. I knew that I was antagonizing Randy...exactly what I had asked Colby not to do...but damn. I was tired of feeling scared. I thought that I was done with this. I looked back to Randy again. He leaned across the table towards me, his head in front of Colby's.