Chapter 34

"Mom.. is it really you?" Todoroki took a few steps back trying to process what he was seeing. It was his real mother, the one who raised him warmly and gave him the love he'd craved for whenever he was being neglected by his father. That is, until she suddenly disappeared.

"Shouto.. how? I thought I'd never see your face again" the woman replied, voice cracking.

"Why.. why are you here? Father said you left. I thought you had abandoned me." Todoroki breathed out, before handing the sweets he had bought earlier that day to his mother.

Midoriya knew he wasn't supposed to witness what he just saw. He suddenly felt guilty for having followed Todoroki. The younger quietly closed the door and ran out the building.

"I barely know anything about him.." he let out a chuckle. "He's been hurting all this time.."

——

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria, the voices of students laughing, talking and even bickering could be heard.

"So.." Kaminari began as he munched on his hamburger. "Can any of y'all do my homework"

"Hell nah man" Sero retorted. "Midoriya's already doing all your work why do you need more help? Poor guy, he shouldn't have to deal with someone like you, especially not so early in his education here."

"That's exactly why I want someone else to help!" Kaminari snapped. "I feel bad for the guy. He never whines about me overloading him with my work or anything he's just too soft, you know. I pray that no evil will taint his pure soul"

"Midoriya's the guy with the green locks, right?" Mina questioned when she found an opening.

"Yeah, him!" Kaminari answered before throwing out his tray.

"Why not do your own homework instead, dude. We're all busy with our own things." Sero asked after taking a sip out of his water bottle.

"No way! Sometimes, the teacher grades the homework. I can't trust myself." Kaminari whined.

"Bro.. how did you even get Into Tokyo University.." Mina asked skeptically.

"Me? Do you really want to know", Kaminari smirked.

"YES!", the pair said in unison

"Then.. I'll tell you. This is the story of how I got into Tokyo University.", Kaminari started.

"It was a gloomy day. The rain was pouring, not seeming to stop anytime soon. The kind of weather sad movies would usually be set in. Almost like the gods knew that today would be a life-changing day.", he continued

"CAN YOU JUST GET TO THE POINT", Sero yelled out, earning glares from those around them. "Fuck", he thought. Just when people started to forget about him yelling at Midoriya in the cafeteria on the first day of school.

"Calm yo tits. I'm getting there." Kaminari answered, annoyed at Sero for interrupting him.

"As I was saying, it was a very gloomy day. I don't know if you guys know this but I've known Todoroki since middle school. We've always been pretty close friends so we did everything together. We went to high school together, got into college together and well for university.. he was planning on coming to Tokyo University. A university that I wouldn't be able to attend with my grades.", Kaminari continued.

"I worked hard to get into this University. I mean, we're best friends and I know that we would continue being best friends even if we parted ways but I still felt the need to follow behind Todoroki and get into the University he wanted to go to. I admire him, you know. He's always working so hard.", Kaminari said while staring at the cafeteria ceiling.

"Shit man. I'm starting to tear up." Mina answered, wiping the tears that started forming under her eyes.

"AhEM! So as I was saying, I studied everyday and got my shit together. My grades improved immensely by the end of the year and whenever I didn't understand something, Todoroki would help me even when he was busy. I got into this University for him. He needed a friend by his side. Now he's got a lot of friends, though. I kinda felt proud when I saw him interacting with so many different people. He was always quiet and reserved but now he's pretty out-going.'', Kaminari said.

''Damn.. sORRY for doubting you.'', Mina said apologetically.''bUT like you should give the same effort you have to getting into this university for your homework. What happens if your grades drop too low.''

''Yeah... AnYWAYS lets get going to class. The bell's about to ring'' Kaminari replied while getting up.

''Let's go!'', Sero answered.

———

(A/N; NOW YALL KNOW! )

Thank you for tuning in to read this<3