Chapter 53

"So hOW was the shrek cult created? I've been wondering that for a while now," Sero asked Kirishima who had been hogging all the cookies.

"The shref culf?" he answered, mouth still full. "Ahh that brings me back. It was actually created back in middle school, the summer I met Bakugo."

"The summer you met Bakugo?? Oh shit is this gonna be some story time: how I met my boyfriend typa shit," Ashido was now listening closely to the conversation.

"I mean, technically that isn't wrong..." Bakugo mumbled.

"Yeah, we met the summer of  7th grade, when my parents forced me to go to summer camp. I'm actually glad I ended up going instead of spending the summer at home like I usually do."

"Wait so- you met Bakugo at summer camp? But then how did you two go to the same middle school?" Kaminari joined in.

"Bakugo ended up transferring to our school in 8th grade. It was totally a coincidence so we kept joking about how those two meeting was faith," Uraraka replied nudging Iida who started laughing.

"They were so shook when they first saw each other, it was hilarious!"

——-

Meanwhile, Momo was patiently sitting in the corner, listening to the conversations around her. She felt a bit sad for she had never been able to hang out with her friends like this, not that she had any. All her friends were business related friends and she only talks with her school friends at school.

The girl wearing AirPods and a black hoodie probably noticed her looking sad because she suddenly started talking to her.

"Hey, my name's Jirou," she greeted.

"Hello, I'm Momo Yaoyorozu."

"You dance really well, that was unexpected," Jirou complimented, while smiling shyly.

Momo returned the smile, "Thank you! I practise quite a lot."

"Oh really? Do you go to dance class?"

"No no no, I'm self taught. I kinda use dancing as an escape, in a way. You see... my parents want me to be all proper and well, dancing is a way to express myself. They don't know I dance, though," she admitted.

"Your parents suck."

"I guess they just care too much," she giggled.

"Let's be friends. You seem like a cool person," Jirou passed the other her phone.

"Why did you-"

"Type in your phone number"

"Oh, alright. Here's my phone, type in yours too, please," Momo replied, handing her phone.

"Holy- an iPhone 11?? Didn't these jUst release tho, damn, rich girl check," Jirou said while typing in her phone number.

"I guess you could say that, but I promise I'm not spoiled," she assured.

——

"Todoroki-kun, who's Momo-san?" Midoriya asked once they had finished the movie they were watching.

"A family friend, why?"

"Are you sure you aren't keeping anything from me? I remember momo-san from when we first met in real life. That day we bumped into each other," Midoriya tried staying calm. He knew Todoroki wouldn't cheat on him but the whole situation is just too suspicious.

"Midoriya... are you thinking what I think you're thinking..."

"I'm sorry, it's just too suspicious."