Chapter 55

Usually Momo spent her Saturday mornings alone, at a cafe, immersed in a book or in her room, practising new choreographies. Not today, though. Today, she was spending her Saturday morning with her friend, Jirou.

Momo enjoyed the time she spent with the girl, it's almost as if her whole life turned around when she met her. She used to never go out but now she barely stays inside. Even her parents are starting to get confused.

"So... what do you think? Do you wanna go?" Jirou asked her, holding a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Of course! I've never went ice skating..."

"Really? Then, I'll teach you!" Jirou grabbed her hands, "okay?"

"Sure," she smiled.

An actual friend, huh. Not a friend her parents chose for her but someone that actually wanted to hang out with her. Momo liked that.

The cafe they were in was small and cozy and though it was a Saturday, there was barely anyone inside— which in Momo's eyes added to the cozy ambiance.

"There's this book store nearby, wanna chill there?" Jirou asked.

"Sounds good! You sure know a lot of places,
Jirou-san.."

"Yeah, well.. i like wandering around to different places for inspiration. Usually alone.. but with you.. I feel like I get even more inspiration— if that makes sense?"

"Oh yes! I totally get what you mean. I guess it's the comfort of another person's presence?"

"I don't know.. I've brought Iida-kun to this cafe before but it wasn't the same," Jirou laughed, "Anyways, let's go."

The neighborhood they were in had a lot of small cafes and stores. The "vibes" were immaculate, as some would say.

"Jirou-san? You write lyrics, right?"

"Yeah, I write, compose and play. I'm not that good but I have experience because my parents are musicians," Jirou explained.

"All alone? You could join a band with your talent!"

"What about you? You're a great dancer, I'm sure any dance team would want you."

"Uhh-"

"We're both shy, I guess," Jirou giggled.

Momo joined in, "i guess so."

———

Just like every other Saturday, Kaminari was at Sero's dorm.

"Why are you always here," Sero sighed.

"You should be blessed to have me in your presence!" Kaminari gasped, throwing a nearby pillow at the guy.

"Hey!" Sero glared at him.

"It's what you deserve," he stuck out his tongue.

"Yeah, yeah... Any progress with your YouTube channel? There's so many new subscribers," Sero questioned, moving his attention away from the book in front of him. He was doing extra credit assignments.