Chapter 56

8:43pm

Jirou-san☺️:
wassup~
are u down for going on a walk?
It's still sunny out

me:
Of course.
give me 20 minutes!

Jirou-san☺️:
[1 attachments]
Let's meet at this park^

me:
sounds good (^ω^)

————————

Jirou had arrived at the park earlier than expected. The sun was starting to set but there were still a lot of people scattered around the area. The girl found an empty bench and sat on it to wait for her friend.

"Jirou-san," a voice called out. It was Momo.

"You're here!" Jirou smiled, "Sorry for calling you out on such short noticed.. I needed some company."

Momo shook her head, "I'm happy you came to me when you felt that way.. I'll do a good job keeping you company!"

"Oh really?" Jirou giggled, "Thank you.."

The two walked side by side, talking about trivial things. Momo mainly talked about her home and school life.. only the things she was allowed to say, though.

Jirou was telling her what was troubling her. They both felt comfortable in each other's presence. After all, it had already been a month since they met.

"No- she really said that?! How dare she!" Momo gasped, "I'm sorry but I hate your music teacher."

"sHE DID! I was so sad," Jirou sighed, "I'm okay now, though. Talking to you cheered me up!"

"I'm glad you feel better. Please tell me whenever you're sad.. I'll be sure to be there for you!"

"Alright then it's a deal.. you too, alright? If something's troubling you, don't keep it to yourself," Jirou glanced at Momo who was shivering.

"It's a bit chilly, isn't it?" she said.

"Oh I'm sorry! I just realized you're wearing a dress.. take this," Jirou took off her jacket and handed it to the other.

"No.. it's okay, really."

"You're shivering, Momo. Don't worry about me, I'm wearing long sleeves."

"Okay.."

"It's getting kinda late. Shall we call it a night?" Jirou checked her phone. It was 9 o' clock.

"Yes. My parents will worry if I don't go back home, since it's already dark."

"Keep the jacket! I live nearby!"

"B-But-"

"You can give it back tomorrow, no worries."

———————-

When Momo got home, she was greeted by her butler, Takuya.

"Momo-sama, you're home! How was your day?"

"It was good," the girl smiled.

"I don't remember you leaving with a jacket on..."

"O-Oh t-this... it was cold outside so my friend let me borrow hers since she lived nearby."

"How nice of them!" Takuya smiled.

"Y-Yeah.."

After greeting her parents, Momo made her way towards her room. She quickly shut the door and threw herself onto her bed.