Chapter 57

"um- could I.. could I hold your hand?" Jirou averted her gaze towards a random rock on the ground.

"Of course!" Momo smiled, "You know.. you don't have to ask me.. I think that just makes it more awkward" she giggled, grabbing ahold of jirou's hand.

"Right- yes.. I agree. I don't really know what to do when you're dating someone.. it's all new to me" she mumbled, cheeks turning into a soft shade of pink.

"Me too, jirou-san... let's learn together, alright?"

Jirou nodded. They've been dating for exactly 13 hours. Soon after confessing their feelings for each other, they parted ways and met up again the next morning. The girls haven't told anyone yet— not because they were afraid of getting judged but more so because they wanted to get used to being together first.

"Yesterday was really fun! Oh, jirou-san..!"

"Yeah?"

"Did you really mean it when you said we should start a band..."

"I did!" Jirou looked up at the sky, "You're great at singing and dancing too! I'm pretty good myself at playing instruments. We just need maybe 2 more members?"

"I really want to too.. it sounds like so much fun! I don't know if my parents would let me but.. we don't have to tell them, right?" She grinned.

"Right! My parents could provide instruments and all that for us. They own a music business, so you don't have to worry about a thing! Except practising, of course."

—————————

Kaminari placed the camera on top of a small table, before pressing the "start" button. Sero entered the frame, shortly after, "hEy guys, welcome back to another video of us playing games!"

"Today we're playing... drum roll please... PUBG! With you guys, our fans!" Sero exclaimed, a wide smile plastering itself onto his face.

"You heard that right— wITH YOU GUYS," Kaminari continued, "As you all probably know, pubg lets us create rooms and anyone with the room name and password can enter."

"The room information is on our official twitter account, if you don't already follow it. "DKOfficial."

"Are you guys ready? Let the games begin! Everyone for themselves!"

While the subscribers maxed out the number of players allowed in the room, Kaminari turned towards Sero and grinned, "let's show them what we've got! It's us against the DK world."

A pink shade slightly tinted Sero's cheeks. He laughed, "Bring it on, DK subscribers."

It was a brutal match, indeed.

Everything was going smoothly, that is until Kaminari glimpsed at his teammate. He gulped. Sero's concentrated face. The man had his brows slightly furrowed with his tongue sticking out at the side. Kaminari had seen this face a number of times. When the other helped him with his assignments, he always had this face on. The first time he saw it, it had consumed his mind. Of course, he'd never admit this. He'd definitely never admit the reason he kept begging the other to help him with his assignments was not because he couldn't do them himself but because he loved seeing him concentrated. He loved being around him, he loved.... Oh.

"ARGHHH," whined Kaminari. Someone had just shot him. "YOU CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD! SERO-KUN DISTRACTED ME WITH HIS.. HIS FOCUSED FACE..!

"Oh? Was I so good-looking that my face alone was enough to distract you and get you killed?" joked Sero.

"EXACTLY! Wait.. no, that's not.. I mean, no, you just looked so ridiculous just now it made me want to laugh! Yeah, that's right.." Kaminari almost sighed in relief.

For a moment, so brief that it could've just not happened, but it did and Kaminari's lips slightly frowned. A thought had appeared in his mind. What did Midoriya have that he didn't, that made Sero-kun fall for him.

"Did it upset you that much?" Sero noticed the other's frown. "It's okay, Kami, I can just let myself be shot. We'll play another round.

Kaminari's eyes shot up towards Sero at the nickname, "Kams?"

"Do you not like it," Sero awkwardly rubbed his neck with his hand, "It took a bit of brainstorming to think about. I thought it sounded better than Kami.."

"No! I like it!" Kaminari defended, "It just caught me off-guard. Hey, no fair! What am I supposed to nickname you, I don't think I can shorten your name.."

"Oh, right.." Sero scratched his hair, "How about just calling me Hanta."

"Hanta-kun," Kaminari whispered, barely audible.

"Yeah, like that.." Sero almost stuttered. Almost. "Hey, I'll be right back," he said, before walking towards the bathroom.

Sero stared at himself in the mirror, cheeks flushed. Oh how he'd hoped Kaminari didn't notice the state he was in. Sero slapped his face with both his hands. "I must be going insane, today," he thought. He'd never think of Kaminari that way. No, not him. He couldn't. However, the way the other whispered his name kept repeating in his head. His name, said in a way only he himself could hear.

It was hard enough that Sero had to hide the feelings he had for Midoriya. However, the difference between him and Kaminari is that he's single. This meant Sero could hope. Hope could ruin everything for him. Unlike the others, Sero didn't have any friends from his past schools. He used to keep to himself. When he came to Tokyo University, he promised himself he'd get out of his bubble and make friends. The two of them are in the same friend group. Pursing this crush could cost him his friends, it could cost him his friendship with Kaminari.

/////////
A/N :
omg hi it's been a while.. 3 years...
so much happened guys, I couldn't escape the fanfic writer curse 😭😭😭😭
this was a bit rushed but don't worry the other chapters will be longer! sorry for taking so long, expect this fanfic to be completed by the end of august! the writing and plot will more consistent too..
I was 13 when I started writing this in 2018 and there's so many inconsistencies, added to the fact that English is my third language 🥲