Chapter 7

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I sat in Leslie's living room with Katie and Serena. Serena's son, Katie's daughter, and my son were all playing on the floor.

After taking their advice last night and seeing if Caleb would have sex with me or turn me down, I got results I wasn't expecting. I also got a huge revelation.

Caleb did turn me down for sex but that wasn't the huge kicker of the night.

When I grabbed his clothes off the bathroom floor to go put in the hamper a receipt fell out of his pants pocket.

I looked at the receipt and it was to a hotel downtown.

My heart dropped when I saw that because it confirmed my worse fear.

He was most definitely cheating on me with Angela.

All these horrible thoughts ran through my mind of how long this might have been going on. I wondered to myself was this the real reason he wasn't so eager to get married anymore.

The thought of him kissing her, touching her, making love to her... it was all too much for me to handle.

I ended up crying myself to sleep last night.

I know in the past he and I had both me unfaithful but me more than him I guess. Maybe this was my karma even though I thought we'd moved past that and forgiven each other for our infidelities.

What hurt most was something Caleb said last night.

He said, "I'm plenty satisfied."

I didn't really get what that meant until I found that receipt. Yeah he's satisfied alright. Satisfied with another woman.

Angela's like twenty-one. Which is the age I was when Caleb and I first got involved.

Now at twenty-six and in two kids deep I though Caleb was really happy. I truly thought he wanted to settle down with me.

But I guess he really was just missing he's playboy days. Missing screwing the youngest hottest thing out there.

I'm dried up compared to the girls he has working in his nightclub.

Caleb might be in his forties but it's not like he's old looking. He's very attractive and in shape. Caleb has always taken his fitness seriously. He could easily pass for a man in his early thirties.

It took me so long to believe in us. To get comfortable in our routine and feel safe in knowing I had a real family... one he and I built.

Now all that was ruined. Thrown out the window. What we had wasn't real.

I should have never let my guard down. I should have never let myself fall in love.

I looked at my engagement ring and thought back to the night Caleb proposed to me.

He told me his heart belonged to me and only me. He said with this ring I not only promise to be a husband you can trust, rely on, love, and grow old with. With this ring I promise to always be faithful, understanding, kind and caring, as well as protective over the woman wearing it.

Those were all lies.

"So how did it go last night?" Serena asked.

I was actually embarrassed to admit to my friends that Caleb is cheating.

I was so confident going into last night. I was sure I'd be able to tell my girls Caleb and I had a wild night of lovemaking and he wasn't stepping out on me.

Now all I could do was try not to break down in tears.

"What is Serena talking about? What did I miss?" Leslie asked as she sat down.

"Zoey had a plan to see if her man was cheating. We are waiting to hear the results," Serena said.

"To be fair this wasn't my plan. It was yours," I said.

"Well what are the results? It doesn't really matter who came up with the idea as long as it was effective," Serena said.

"I got the answers I needed," I said quietly.

"That tells us nothing. Girl spill," Serena pushed.

Katie looked at me and I think she could tell I was on the verge of tears.

"She doesn't have to talk about it if she doesn't want to. As long as she got the answers she needed that is all that matters," Katie said.

"Zoey are you ok?" Leslie asked as she touched my hand.

I couldn't hold it in. I started crying.

"He's cheating on me alright!" I said as I got up.

I stormed out of the living room and went off into the kitchen to take a breath.

I didn't want to cry in front of my son.

I grabbed a napkin and wiped my tears. All the girls walked into the kitchen and gave me a group hug.

"Zoey I'm sorry," Serena said.

"He's an idiot. I wish men knew how to think with their head and not their dick. Some men just can't value a good woman when they have one," Katie said.

"Zoey are you sure? I don't want to overstep but are you curtain he's cheating?" Leslie asked.

"Yes! I have proof," I said as I pulled away from all of them.

"What is the proof?" Leslie asked.

"I saw him leaving the club with one of his employees then I found a receipt for a hotel suite," I said.

"Oh shit he really out here having a full on affair," Serena said.

"Zoey have you confronted him?" Leslie asked.

"When would I have time to do that? He's always at that fucking club! With her no doubt," I said.

"Still... his your fiancé and the father of your children. He at least owes you an explanation for why he decided to go so left. Zoey you can't just cry and shut down. I know you're hurt but talk to him. Tell him what you've found out and tell him to come all the way clean or you're leaving," Leslie advised.

"No! He doesn't deserve her to hear his lying cheating ass out. Girl burn his shit and cut off his dick," Serena said.

Serena always knew how to bring light to a tough situation.

I cracked a smile for the first time since last night.

"Thanks for being here for me. I've never had real friends that I could lean on," I said.

"Well you have us. We're here for you, "Katie said.

We all shared another group hug then I got myself together.

We went back into the living room and I tried to put Caleb's affair out of my mind.

If he wanted Angela he could have her. I know my worth and I will not put up with this kind of bullshit. Not after everything we'd overcome.

I loved him but I wasn't some fool who was going to just turn a blind eye to this.

Caleb can have the house, this ring, and his freedom. My kids and I will be fine without him. I'll make sure of it.