Chapter 34

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I had been running late to Serena's engagement party but once I got here I spotted Zoey real quick.

She was over at the bar talking to some guy. I noticed her turn away from him and she was blushing like crazy.

They were flirting!

When she turned back around to face him and I saw her take a sip of her drink I knew that was my queue to interrupt.

"...sometime".

I barely got the end of what the guy was saying as I approached them.

I placed my hand to the small of Zoey's back and came up beside her.

She turned to me looking caught off guard.

I slipped my arm around her waist and pulled her firmly up against my side.

"Sorry I was late baby. What did I miss?" I asked as I kissed her forehead.

Zoey looked kind of mortified at the moment. Like she was caught in an awkward position.

"Umm... Eric this is Caleb... Caleb this is Eric. He's a friend of Serena's," Zoey said introducing me to the guy she was speaking to.

"Hey man. Nice to meet you," I said.

The guy gave me a nod and grabbed his beer and took a long swig.

"So everything fine at the club?" Zoey asked.

"Yes... why wouldn't everything be ok?" I asked.

"Oh no reason I was just asking... since you got held up pretty late," Zoey said.

"Well all that matters is that I'm here now," I smiled.

Zoey nodded.

"It was nice speaking with you Zoey. Nice meeting you... Caleb was it? I should go congratulate the engaged couple," Eric said excusing himself.

After he left I moved over and ordered myself a glass of scotch.

"Have fun flirting with that prick?" I asked as I looked over at Zoey.

"I wasn't flirting," Zoey lied.

I looked over her and gave her a knowing look that I wasn't buying that.

"It was harmless... and I was waiting for you," Zoey said defensively.

"So while you wait for your... hell I don't even know what I am to you anymore. But while you wait you decide to flirt with the first guy that gives you attention," I said jealously.

I was jealous and I wasn't hiding it.

Zoey looked sexy tonight. I know what was probably on that guy's mind because it's on my mind too.

"Caleb it wasn't going to lead anywhere. Relax," Zoey said as the bartender gave me my drink.

I chugged the glass quickly and asked for another.

"You look... sexy," I said as I gave her a once over.

"Thanks," she said as she came closer to me.

She ran her hand up my back and soon slipped her fingers into my hair.

"Don't be mad... he's nobody. Besides I only want you," Zoey said.

I slipped my arm around her waist and pulled her up against my body.

"Prove it," I said.

Zoey didn't hesitate she kissed me on the lips and I took full advantage of the moment.