Chapter 27

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I closed the door to my daughter's bedroom after putting her brother and her to bed.

The kids and I had a fun movie night. They picked the movies, got to eat pizza, and have more sweets than their mother usually allows.

It was a good night.

I walked to the master bedroom so I could get ready for bed.

Since Zoey was out of town I was going to stay in our bedroom.

I walked into the bedroom and went to the dresser.

I opened the drawer and got my pajamas out.

Before going to take my shower I decided to just check up on Zoey.

I pulled my phone out and sat on the bed.

I opened my security app to check the security cameras in my Vegas club.

After all the shit that happened with Asher I upped the security out there. I wanted to be able to see everything even when I wasn't there.

I checked the cameras in the main area and saw that things were going well. The club was packed and it seemed people were having a good time.

Before I could check Zoey's table I saw an alert to a back door being opened.

I checked that camera and I saw Zoey holding hands with some dude.

I watched as they walked down the hall and she opened the door to my office.

They went into my office and she shut the door behind them.

What in the hell was Zoey doing.

Why would she go into my office with some random guy?

Yeah she threw in my face that she's technically single but she knows how I feel about her... how she says she feels about me.

She knows hooking up with some random asshole in Vegas would piss me off.

I knew I should have just trusted her and not been paranoid but just the thought of someone else being with her killed me.

I had a camera in the office. I could easily click that camera and see what is going on.

But then apart of me doesn't want to know. I mean if I see something I can't un-see I won't be able to act like I haven't seen it when she gets back home.

Zoey lost trust in me but I had trust in her... well at least I did until I just saw her go in my office with some guy.

I should give her privacy and just trust that she is not the woman she was in the past.

Zoey has been a good woman these past two years... a faithful woman... a woman that was going to become my wife.

I trust her.

Zoey P.O.V.

"So this is him?" Malcolm asked as he picked up a photo off Caleb's desk.

When Malcolm asked me if we could go somewhere just the two of us I said sure. I brought him back into the club and took him into Caleb's office.

It was the only quiet place we could talk without having to leave the club. My girls were still out there in the VIP living their best lives.

I walked over to the desk and looked at the photo Malcolm was looking at.

It was a photo of Caleb in his car. It was an outtake from a magazine photoshoot he did a year or so a ago.