Chapter 55

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"Your kids are very well mannered and behaved. I remember when I was younger my parents hated taking me and my siblings out because Courtney and Brent couldn't behave," Stewart recalled as he drove my kids and I home.

Lunch with Stewart and the kids went well. They were well behaved as he said and he and I were able to chat without it being awkward between us.

It almost reminded me of old times between us when I felt we had a friendship.

Stewart turned down my street.

"Thanks. The kids and I had fun. I will have to call a tow truck once I get home to have my car picked up from the park," I said.

Stewart nodded as he pulled into my driveway.

As he pulled into the driveway I saw the garage door up. I also noticed Caleb getting out of his car.

Oh great...

It wasn't like I wanted to hide that Stewart helped me out but I knew Caleb and his fucked up mood would only get worse now with Stewart's presence.

"Please just stay in the car... I'll get my kids and you can just leave. I don't want you and Caleb getting into," I warned Stewart.

"Zoey I'm not afraid of Caleb," Stewart said.

"I know but for the sake of my marriage I rather not have you two make a scene out here," I said.

"I won't start anything as long as he doesn't," Stewart promised.

"Thank you," I said.

I got out of the car then got the kids from the backseat.

As I got the kids from the backseat I saw Caleb walking out of the garage and coming towards Stewart's car.

I quickly shut the backdoor after I had the kids out.

I walked in front of Stewart's car and had the kid's hands as they stood beside me.

"What's this? Where's your car?" Caleb asked as he approached me.

"I... it... It wouldn't start after I took the kids to the park. I'm going to have to call a tow truck to pick it up," I said.

"Oh... well is that an Uber?" Caleb asked while looking closely at the vehicle behind me.

"No... not exactly. But lets talk in the house," I said.

I started walking with the kids slowly.

Caleb was still fixated on Stewart's car. I wish he'd just come in the house.

"Wait I recognize this car..." Caleb said.

"Caleb please don't," I warned.

"It was sitting in the driveway of Courtney's house. I remember seeing it when I walked out with the police," Caleb said.

"Caleb-"

"Is he in there?" Caleb asked as he glared at me.

"Caleb I can explain," I said.

"Get your ass out of the car Livingston!" Caleb shouted as he approached the vehicle.

"Kids go in the house," I said.

The kids ran off and went inside the house through the garage.

Stewart opened the door and got out of his car.