Chapter 11

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I sat in my office going over the applications and resumes for the people I'd be interviewing today.

I had a few people that seemed great on paper. I never liked to just go off how someone's resume was because you might have an applicant that doesn't have much experience but is very personable once you met them.

As I got the paperwork together there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said.

I looked up and Angela stood in the doorway.

"Hey Angela," I said.

"Hey boss. Are you busy?" Angela asked.

"Kind of but I'm available if you need to talk," I said.

"Great," she said as she came into my office.

She closed the door behind her and walked over to my desk.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to make sure everything was ok after the other night at the hotel. I never meant to cause you any problems at home," she apologized.

"Angela everything is fine with my home life. Thanks for the concern though," I said.

"I just wanted to tell you my car is fixed so I won't be needing any more rides... Jeremy also called me... we worked things out so I'm going back home. I just wanted to thank you for helping me out. I know you didn't have to do that and most bosses wouldn't," Angela said.

"You're a great girl Angela I was just helping you the way I'd want someone to help my daughter if she were ever in the same situation. Although I have to admit if my daughter were to ever be in an abusive relationship I'd kill the prick for laying one harmful hand on my baby girl's head," I said.

"Wow you're really protective... that's sexy," Angela said.

Angela moved over closer to me and pushed a few things aside on my desk.

She sat down and I noticed her skirt ride up a bit. She slowly crossed her legs as I looked up at her.

"I bet you're a great father. Your kids are very lucky to have a daddy like you," Angela said.

"I'm the lucky one. My kids changed my life for the better. I hate to admit it but I can kind of sympathize with Jeremy. I wasn't that great of a guy in the past. But I like to think I've turned over a new leaf," I said.

"I can't imagine how you were at my age... you're only a bit older than me," Angela said.

"Angela I'm actually old enough to be your father," I chuckled.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed that. I mean you're not old looking. You're mature and sophisticated but not like an old man. I'd say you're a real gentleman," Angela said letting her words linger.

"Well thank you. My fiancée would agree I hope," I smiled.

"Oh yeah... Zoey. How does that work exactly?" she asked.

"What do you mean... how does what work?" I asked slightly confused.

"Like how did you two get together? She doesn't really seem like your type. I mean I'm glad you're into sistas that means a girl like me has a chance. But what made you end up with her?" Angela asked.

"Well Zoey saw the best in me before I was ever at my best. She pushed me to be a better man. Honestly speaking I don't think I'd be the man or business owner I am today if it weren't for her. She overall makes me a better person," I said.