Chapter 57

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

"She's not going to make a statement. She's too loyal to him mom," I said as I paced the floor.

My mom was back in town to tie up the loose ends of the court case concerning Courtney. She wanted to have charges brought up against Stewart, as did I. But Zoey wasn't willing to help.

"What do you mean she's loyal to him! He almost made her lose my grand daughter by making her go into preterm labor! Hell he came at her with a knife ready to kill her himself! What is Zoey thinking?" my mother asked.

"I think she's thinking she wants her lover free and out here in the world so she can run to him behind my back at anytime. I swear mom I thought being married would have made me way more secure in my relationship with her but now I'm only filled with doubt. You'd think my worry would be her leaving me for a younger man not some fucker that's my age and is a complete psycho," I said.

"Caleb he is not going to come between you and Zoey again," my mother said.

"If he were behind bars I'd be more sure of that," I said.

"Well then I'll make it happen. With or without Zoey's help. I just can't believe she is refusing to make a statement to help get justice served," my mother said confused.

"Zoey believes he's changed and deserves a second chance," I said.

"How has he changed when he helped his sister kidnap you from this home! The man has been hiding in plain sight not taking any responsibility for his past actions and she feels he's changed. Has Zoey lost her damn mind!" my mother said frustrated.

"I think she still has feelings for him mom. She says she doesn't but her actions speak volumes," I said.

"I've always been a cheerleader when it comes to Zoey and super supportive. But you are my son and as I don't want you hurting her I will not stand by and have her hurting you or put my grandbabies in danger. Stewart being out here instead of locked up puts you all at risk! I will not stand by silently and let him once again escape responsibility for his actions. He's going to jail if even for one day so help me he will pay for what he has done to this family. And if Zoey doesn't like it tell her to come see me," my mother said.

I was happy to have my mother in my corner even though I wish my wife was in my corner as well.

Zoey P.O.V.

"Mason stay close to momma," I said as Mason ran down the cookie aisle.

I was in the grocery store getting some things so I could cook dinner tonight.

Caleb's mother was in town and I wanted to make a nice meal for dinner.

I was sure that Caleb was rambling on to his mother about how I was refusing to flip on Stewart.

I just wish he'd let the shit go.

It's old, tired, and done with.

We all need to just move on.

As I walked down the cookie aisle I saw Mason climbing up on the shelf to get to the level the cookies he wanted were on.

"Mason get down now!" I scolded.

Before Mason could get down a man came up behind him and picked him up.

I recognized that the man was Stewart.

I walked up to them and Stewart was helping Mason reach the cookies he wanted.

"There you go bud. Grab the ones you want," Stewart said.