Chapter 23

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"I just got your dress and Caleb's tux for the charity gala. Did you get the picture I sent?" Mrs. Atwood asked.

I had just left the hotel where I found Caleb once again with Angela.

I had been driving back home so I could stop by Katie's place to pick up Mason.

As I drove I got a call and it was Caleb's mother. She was calling to confirm that she got the outfits for Caleb and I to wear to annual Charity gala in Atlanta.

I had completely forgotten about it. It was coming up and Caleb and I had already agreed to go

"I haven't gotten a chance to look at the photo yet," I said.

"Well it's gorgeous and you're going to look gorgeous in it," Mrs. Atwood said excitedly.

"Yeah...." I said quietly.

"Dear is everything alright? You sound down..." Mrs. Atwood said.

"I'm fine... I just don't know if I'll be able to make the gala anymore," I said.

"What Why not? Are you ill?" Mrs. Atwood asked.

You could say that.

I did feel sick to my stomach after having Angela gloat in my face that Caleb had seen her naked. She said he only wanted to fire her because he admitted to being so attracted to her he wasn't going to be able to keep restraining himself.

Was Caleb really that weak of a man that he would give into the lustful attraction he had to Angela?

"I just don't want to get the kids on a plane for a one night event. But Caleb will be there," I said.

"I want you both here. I want to show off my soon to be daughter in law on the arm of my handsome son. Zoey it won't be the same if you don't come," Mrs. Atwood said.

"I'll have to think about it... but please don't get your hopes up," I said.

"Zoey are you sure everything is ok?" Mrs. Atwood asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. Look I have to go," I said before I hung up.

I parked my car in Katie's driveway and took a few deep breaths before getting out.

As I walked up to the front door my cell phone rang.

I looked at the screen and saw that Caleb was calling.

I ignored the call and rung the doorbell.

Katie answered the door a couple seconds later.

"Hey girl," she said.

"Hey. I just came to get Mason," I said.

"Ok. Well he's in the living room playing," she said.

Katie let me inside and I went straight to the living room to get my son.

I told Mason it was time to go and he got up and came over to me.

I thanked Katie for watching him and then left her house.

The drive to my house was just a couple minutes since Katie lived in the neighborhood.

When I pulled up to my house the garage was up and Caleb was getting out of his car.

Oh how I should just run his ass over!

I pulled in slowly to the garage and parked my car next to his.