Chapter 38

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I stood at the alter nervously as my father stood beside me.

Zoey and I were in Vegas and she agreed to us eloping but under some conditions. She wanted my parents and her cousin here. The three most supportive and important people who have been here through our many ups and downs as a couple.

Once Zoey agreed to us eloping we waited until Friday afternoon after our daughter got out of school to fly out to Vegas as a family.

I had paid for my parent's tickets and Cheyenne's and they had met us out here.

It was now Saturday evening and we were at this little chapel soon to be wed.

My mother wasn't thrilled with the idea of Zoey and I eloping but understood our reasoning.

Zoey and I had never gotten a wedding venue or sent out save the dates officially so we decided this Vegas ceremony was the only one we wanted.

While we did have other family and friends that were missing out the most important people that supported us were in attendance and that was all that really mattered.

So my mother made sure this wasn't some half put together elopement.

She made sure the chapel was decorated nicely, Zoey brought her wedding dress with her, and our kids were going to be apart of the ceremony.

How my mother pull all this together in less than twenty-four hours was beyond me but it was beautiful and didn't seem cheap or like an after thought.

"You nervous son?" my father asked as he placed a hand to my shoulder.

"Very...but I'm so ready for Zoey to be my wife," I said.

"I hear ya. You and Zoey make a lovely couple and I'm happy you two are going to finally be settled as husband and wife," my father said.

The pastor stood at the alter as the music began.

Yeah my mother made sure we had a real pastor marrying us... none of that fake Elvis action over here.

The chapel doors opened and my baby girl started walking down the aisle throwing flowers.

My little angel was the perfect flower girl.

As my daughter got to the front of the alter she came up to me and I bent down and kissed her on the cheek.

She then went to sit down in a seat on the front row.

Soon my baby boy was walking down the aisle with a pillow holding the rings.

He was so handsome.

He walked a bit fast and quickly came up to me and grabbed my leg.

I pat his back and had him go sit beside his sister.

Next was Cheyenne she slowly walked down the aisle holding some flowers. She was of course Zoey's maid of honor.

I'll never forget Cheyenne giving me a hard time in the beginning of Zoey and my relationship.

But I deserved it and she was just being protective over her.

Cheyenne stood across from me waiting on the side Zoey would soon be standing on.

I looked up and about lost my breath when I saw Zoey.

She was so beautiful. Her dress was... out of this world. She looked way too good for me.

My mother was right by Zoey's side walking her down the aisle. I know originally she asked my father to do that but since my mother had become so close to her and we changed the wedding plans my father was ok with letting my mother take that role on.

When Zoey approached me at the alter I took her hand in mine as we both stood forward towards the pastor.

"You look so beautiful baby," I whispered to Zoey.

I saw her blush in response.

My parents and Cheyenne gave Zoey away when the pastor asked who gives this woman to this man.

After that they all sat down on the same row with the kids.

Zoey and I turned to face each other as the ceremony got underway.

I went first in saying my vows.

Zoey and I wanted to write our own vows.

"Zoey you walked into my life at a time when I least expected it. You walked in and turned my whole world upside down. We met in a night club shared some drinks and a dance. I'll never forget our first kiss at the after party on that balcony overlooking the night sky. I never thought I'd be the man to fall in love. While you did push me into a relationship I was so hesitant to be in I'm more than grateful for you giving me that push. Back then I didn't know that I needed it... needed you. You've given me two beautiful kids and have withstood all the ups and downs we've been faced with. I know our road to this moment hasn't been the easiest of roads but for me you've always been worth fighting for. You make me a better man Zoey. Your love for me will be a love I will forever cherish. I promise to love you, trust you, be honest with you, and kind. I will always protect you and never neglect you as long as I live," I said.

I could see Zoey tearing up.

"Caleb you were a game changer for sure. A wild boy that I wanted to tame. I always searched for what I didn't have and thought I wanted. When we got together you weren't my knight and shinning armor. You were just a man I thought was really hot and rich and I wanted to date. But as time progressed and as we got deeper involved with each other I saw you for more than a handsome face and fat bank account. I saw that you were almost as broken as I was inside. When I look at the man you are today I no longer see the man I first met that night at the club. I see a mature, loving, caring, gentleman who would do anything for his family. I love the man you are today just as much as I was attracted to the man you were when we first met. Caleb I promise to love you, honor you, cherish you, and be faithful. I know in the past fidelity is something we both struggled at. But as we make this life long commitment to each other today I promise I'll never allow anyone or anything to come between us ever again. I am yours as you are mine and I give myself to you completely," Zoey said.

After exchanging vows it was time to exchanged rings.

Our son stood up and brought over the rings.

I went first and spoke after the pastor as I slid Zoey's rings on her finger.

Right after me Zoey did just as I had done. She repeated after the pastor and slid my ring onto my finger.

It felt so surreal as she put this ring on my finger.

I was becoming a husband.

She was becoming my wife.

In a second he would declare us husband and wife.

"With the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. Caleb you may kiss your bride," the pastor said.

I took Zoey's hand and pulled her towards me.

I cupped her face in my hands and leaned in and softly kissed her lips.

I heard the music start again and our family clapping in the background.

We did it!

We made it!

We're now officially husband and wife!

As I pulled away from Zoey and looked into her sweet brown eyes I melted.

This is my wife.

I have a fucking wife!

Shit I never thought I'd see the day when this would be my reality!

I had to be honest though this to me felt so right. Much more real and us than some huge event put on for a bunch of people who in all honesty haven't been here through our journey. The people that mattered were here with us and that was all I could truly ever ask for.