Chapter 29

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"Hello Zoey and Caleb. My name is Dana and I understand you two are here for premarital counseling," Dana said introducing herself.

"Yes we are," I said.

"So do you two have a wedding date already set?" Dana asked.

"We did..." I said.

"Did? Have you two changed the date?" Dana asked.

"Well actually I called off the engagement. That's kind of why we're here. You see Caleb and I have been together going on six years... well let me rephrase that. We dated and broke up a few times and were involved with other people for a few years... The most stable we've been is during our two-year engagement. He proposed while I was pregnant with our son... our son is two," I said.

"Ok so there has been some breaking up and making up..." Dana said.

"Yeah. But now we're technically broken up I guess you could say," I said.

"Alright... Caleb would you agree to the same timeline of events?" Dana asked.

"Yeah... she said it all," Caleb said nonchalantly.

"Can you tell me what caused these break ups?" Dana asked.

"Infidelity," I admitted.

"On what side?" Dana asked.

"Both..." I said.

"Was it multiple times or once? Multiple people or one?" Dana asked.

"Why is this important? I mean it's in the past. We've forgiven each other. I don't see why this matters now," Caleb said kind of on edge.

"Babe relax," I said as I placed my hand to his knee.

"Caleb I'll start with you. What made you step out of the relationship?" Dana asked.

"I'm not taking about this. Why in the hell do we need to keep beating a dead fucking horse Zoe! Look lady I just want you to fix us so we can get married alright," Caleb snapped.

"Caleb!" I said embarrassed.

I thought he was going to be open this this premarital counseling.

"What? I really don't want to go back to that horrible place Zoey!" Caleb said defensively.

"What horrible place Caleb? What made it so horrible?" Dana asked.

"I was in a dark selfish place when Zoey and I first got together. I didn't care about anything or anyone but myself. I had substance abuse issues and screwed any chick that would let me hit it. But the girl I always cheated with was a longtime friend... a drug connect," Caleb admitted.

I was glad Caleb was finally being open.

"Caleb you want to explain why you cheated with the same woman more than once? Where there feelings there?" Dana asked.

"Mainly I just wanted to get high and the chick liked my dick... sorry to be so blunt but it was more transactional than anything... at least for me. I would have done about anything to get my fix back then," Caleb admitted.

"Zoey were you aware of this?" Dana asked.

"Pretty much yeah... but I didn't understand his drug use at first... like the severity of it," I said.

"Ok... well lets move on to your infidelity. Zoey was it one time with one person? Or was it multiple times with multiple partners?" Dana asked.

"It was one person but I cheated with him multiple times. I took on having a second relationship while being with Caleb. It didn't help that the guy was someone Caleb didn't get along with and who also turned out to be the brother of the girl Caleb had been cheating with," I explained.