Chapter 33

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

"I'm sorry I'm running late. I'll meet you there."

I texted Zoey as I got up from my desk chair. I was still at the club when I should have been at home leaving for Serena's engagement party with Zoey.

I had to text Zoey that I would just meet her there because I still had to get home and change. I didn't want to make her late to her friend's party so meeting her there was the best option.

Zoey texted me back and I quickly read her text as I headed for the door.

"Ok but hurry. See you there."

I smiled and opened the door to my office as a young woman stood outside of it.

This woman was white, with long reddish hair that was wavy. She had brown eyes and was very thin.

"Hello... can I help you?" I asked as I walked out of my office closing the door behind me.

"Yeah... are you Caleb... the owner of this club?" she asked kind of shy.

"Yeah..." I answered.

"Oh well I saw where you were hiring and well I was hoping you still had some openings..." she said.

"Look I'm on my way out. You can leave your resume with the manager he should be at the bar... or apply online," I said as I started walking.

"But you're the decision maker right?" she asked.

"Yes," I said as I stopped walking.

"Look I see you're in a rush but I'm in a tight. I just recently moved here and if I don't find work soon I won't be able to pay my rent," she explained.

"Do you have your resume?" I asked.

"No... I don't have much work experience... But I'm a quick learner and just looking for a chance," she said.

"Well I'm kind of fully staffed here," I said.

"Really? I mean I would be willing to work weekends only... I know that's when clubs are the most packed. I'm sure having an extra hand around wouldn't hurt anything," she slightly begged.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Abby," she smiled.

"You over twenty one?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

"Well I guess I could use an extra bottle girl/ bartender. Give me your number and I'll see where I might can use you," I said.

"Thanks," she smiled.

She told me her number and I put it in my phone.

"I really gotta go... but I'll be in touch if I find a spot for you," I said.

"Thanks Caleb," she smiled as I left.

I walked out using the back exit and headed to my car so I could get home to quickly change.

Zoey P.O.V.

When I arrived at Serena's party I was checking my phone constantly.

Caleb was running late but promised to meet me at the party.

The kids were with a sitter, which I hated using but used on night's like this when Caleb and I had plans.

Our sitter was an older woman someone trustworthy and who had grandkids of her own.