Chapter 78

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"Hello," Asher answered.

"Hey. It's me Zoey," I said.

"Oh... hey... what's up?" he asked.

"Are you still in town. I need you to come over. We need to talk about what happed at Stewart's house," I said.

"Zoey I got a lot of heat on me right now. I'm trying to lay low," Asher, said.

"It won't take long. I just really need to talk to you face to face. Caleb's not home so now is the best time," I said.

The phone line was quiet for a moment.

"Ok. I'll be right over. But I can't stay long Zoey," Asher said.

"I know and thanks. See you soon," I said right before I hung up my phone.

I looked up and saw Caleb pacing the living room floor while our son ate his breakfast in the kitchen.

I had already dropped Cecilia off at school.

After a long talk last night Caleb insisted on me getting Asher over to our house. He wanted to talk to him man to man.

He knew Asher was avoiding him so he used me to get Asher to come over under false pretenses.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? You look like you're getting angry all over again," I said.

Caleb just kept pacing the floor.

I stood up and grabbed his hand. I placed his hand to my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Caleb looked into my eyes as I moved my fingers up the back of his neck into his hair.

He closed his eyes and leaned into my touch.

I know what my man likes and what relaxes him.

"I don't want you two fighting. Have a man to man conversation like you said... no violence babe," I said.

"You know I can't make any promises Zoe..." Caleb said.

"Babe for me please don't do anything rash," I said.

"Like I said I can't make any promises. He left you outside of a hospital bleeding out from a gunshot wound and didn't bother to call me. I was left thinking you were dead because his coward ass couldn't pick up a damn phone and clue me in to what he witnessed. Zoey I will not stand here and lie to you and tell you I plan on just having come civil conversation. I might kick his ass and he'd deserve it. So once he gets here just take Mason out to the backyard to play and I'll come get you once my business with Asher is done," Caleb said.

"Caleb-"

"Zoey let me handle this my way..." Caleb said sternly.

I just nodded and Caleb pulled me up against his body.

He pecked my lips as he moved his hand down and squeezed my ass.

He gave my ass a light smack and I giggled playfully.

"Nice to see someone is still as frisky as ever," I smiled.

"Our kids will be grown and I'll still have this same energy for you," Caleb promised.

"Ok. I'm going to hold you to that Mr. Atwood," I said.

"I hope you do Mrs. Atwood," Caleb smirked.

Caleb kissed me and just as our lips touched the doorbell rung.

"Showtime," Caleb said as he pulled away from me.