Chapter 53

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I walked into the house after a long day. I stayed at the club working extra late just so I would miss dinner with the kids and bath time as well as putting them to bed.

All this uncertainty surrounding Cecilia's paternity just had my mind fucked up.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass. I then grabbed a bottle of scotch and poured me some.

I placed the bottle down and brought the glass up to my lips. I took a long drink as Zoey walked into the kitchen.

She was in her royal blue silk robe with black lace detailing.

"You're home late. The kids and I were expecting you for dinner," Zoey said sounding disappointed.

"I had to work," I said in a short tone.

"Ok..." Zoey said.

I finished my glass of scotch and poured myself another.

"How was your meeting with Eric? Is he really Stewart?" I asked.

"The meeting went well... and yeah he is Stewart. I didn't really know what I thought I'd hear when seeing him and having him confess. But I will say I have closure now. As much as him being alive is a shock I'm glad I no longer have to live with the thought that I killed someone. So there was a silver lining in all this I guess," Zoey said.

I couldn't believe she thought Stewart being alive was a silver lining. If anything it's a load of fucking bullshit!

I rolled my eyes and took a swig of my drink.

Zoey walked up to me and took the glass from my hands.

I watched as she sat the glass on the counter.

"I missed you today," she said as she pulled my arms around her waist.

She hugged me but I didn't hug her back.

Her fucking lover is still alive and might be the real father of Cecilia.

Forgive me for not being in such a great mood.

I grabbed the drink off the counter and took another swig as Zoey rested her head on my chest. She ran her hands up and down my back trying to relax me I guess.

"You're tense babe," Zoey said.

I just shrugged and took a step back.

"What's up?" Zoey asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I poured more scotch into my glass.

"You're being cold and distant. We haven't seen each other all day. A little affection would be nice," Zoey said.

Zoey looked into my eyes and I looked into hers.

I finished off my glass of scotch then placed it on the counter.

I leaned in and caressed Zoey's cheek.

She leaned into my touch and kissed the palm of my hand.

I leaned in closer and softly pressed my lips to hers.

I kissed her briefly then pulled back.

Zoey giggled and placed her hand to the back of my neck.

She pulled me in for another kiss.

Zoey kissed me but I barely kissed back.

She moved her hands to mine and placed my hands to her hips.