Chapter 70

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I lay wide awake in bed.

I just couldn't stop thinking of seeing Asher that night I was shot.

He saved me but why was he here in the first place.

My mind kept racing with theories.

I looked over beside me watching Caleb sleep.

He had an arm around me protectively as he slept.

He's cute like that.

I stirred just a tiny bit and he woke up.

"Zoey you ok baby?" he asked worried.

Seeing the concern in his blue eyes made my heart kind of flutter.

"I'm fine. Go back to sleep," I said.

"You sure? If you need something I'll go get it for you," he insisted.

"Caleb I promise I'm good," I said.

I hadn't told Caleb about what I think I remember. I knew if he for a second thought Asher was involved he'd track him down for answers.

I didn't want to get Caleb all worked up for nothing so for now I was just going to keep my mouth shut.

I was still trying to heal and cope with the fact that I was no longer able to have children.

I didn't know how to feel about everything.

I know I have two beautiful children to be thankful for but I do ache for the child taken from me.

"Baby talk to me. I know something is up," Caleb said as he sat up.

"It's nothing," I said.

"Whatever it is tell me. I'm here for you always," he said.

"I'm just thinking about how I didn't even know I was pregnant," I said.

I lost a child before even knowing I was with one.

"To think that you and I will never be able to create life together again... it's sad," I said.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"For what? You didn't do anything," I said.

"I know and that's the problem. I should have been here for you. I shouldn't have been in Miami. I shouldn't have left you alone to fight for yourself," he said.

"Caleb I don't think if you were around it would have made much of a difference. Serena had it out for me," I said.

"Still as your husband I'm suppose to protect you. I'll never forgive myself for not being here to shield you from that bullet. The bullet that took our child," Caleb said.

Caleb kissed my forehead then placed his arm around my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder as we sat in silence.

I have to track down Asher. I need to know if he really was the one to save me that night.

Stewart P.O.V.

I sat in the visiting room waiting. I was about ready to loose it in this place.

I can't believe Zoey turned on me and got me locked up. I'm sure this was all Caleb's plan more than hers though. He's always been jealous of the connection Zoey and I share.

It geos way deeper than any connection they pretend to have.

As I sat waiting I wondered if Zoey was ok.