Chapter 75

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"What's this? You recorded our conversation just now! You playing me for a damn fool again Zoey!" Stewart said angrily as he stood up straight.

This was bad.

I was almost home free and I just accidentally dropped my bag.

Now Stewart had my phone in his hands and could clearly see I had been recording our conversation.

How the hell was I suppose to get out of here and with the recording?

"Talk!" Stewart shouted as he got in my face.

I felt fear as his eyes burned into me.

He was angry and I knew lying wasn't going to get me out of this.

"I said speak damn it!" Stewart shouted as he towered over me.

I took a step back and stumbled over my feet.

"What is it going to take to get you to be honest with me! First you wear a wire and set me up! Now this! Zoey I was fucking good to you! I've always been good to you! I've been a lot better to you than that drug addict husband of yours!" Stewart said angrily.

I was shaking in fear as I kept moving backwards.

I just needed to make a run for it.

So I did.

I took off to the front door and Stewart was on my heels.

I got to the front door and reached for the lock just as Stewart grabbed my hair.

He pulled my hair forcing me backwards then turned me around.

"Take a good look at this phone!" Stewart said.

He held my phone up then dropped it on the ground and stepped on it.

He broke it.

"You stupid bitch!" Stewart said before he gripped my throat.

He forced me back against the door and started choking me.

"We could have been good together. But you have betrayed me for the last time Zoey!" Stewart said as he choked the life out of me.

I struggled and couldn't breathe.

I dropped my purse as I felt my life slipping away.

"Daddy!" I heard a small voice.

Stewart let go of me quickly and turned back.

His son was coming down the stairs and I coughed as I caught my breath.

Thank goodness for that kid.

"What did daddy tell you! I said stay upstairs in your room," Stewart said as he bent down to his son's eye level.

I quickly grabbed my purse and unlocked the front door.

I ran outside and bumped right into Asher's chest.

"Lets get out of here," I said in fear.

I ran to his car and Asher unlocked the doors.

He got in his car and quickly drove off just as Stewart stood at the door holding his son.

I knew this was bad.

I knew this wasn't over.

I'd crossed Stewart and this time I knew he wasn't going to let me get away with it.

Caleb P.O.V.

I kept pacing the floor as I looked at my watch.

Time was up. I was calling the police.

I pulled my phone out and dialed 911. Just before pressing send I heard a car door slam.

I walked to the front door and opened it.

I saw Zoey getting out of a car and running to me.

"Baby!" I said as she ran into my arms.

I hugged Zoey and could feel her whole body shaking.

"Baby what's wrong? Where were you?" I asked confused as to why she left the house without telling me.

As I waited for her answer I looked up and saw Asher getting out of the car too.

What the hell!

What was he doing here and why had Zoey been with him?

"Baby talk to me. Tell me what's going on," I said as I pulled away from Zoey.

"I'm sorry Caleb. I'm so sorry," she said before running past me inside the house.

"Zoey!" I called after her as she ran upstairs without another word.

I took a step outside and met Asher.

"What's going on? Why was Zoey with you?" I asked.

"She was trying to help me but I think something went wrong. She didn't tell me anything but I know she's shaken up," Asher said.

"Where did you two go?" I asked.

"You should really just talk to her," Asher said.

"I'm talking to you! Why the hell is my wife in such distress!" I said getting upset.

"Look man I gotta go," Asher said.

"No you better tell me what the hell is going on," I said.

"Like I said ask your wife. Tell her thanks and that I'm sorry for involving her in my mess," Asher said before he jumped back into his car.

Asher drove off and I was left standing in my driveway with unanswered questions.

I went back into my house and closed the door.

I headed upstairs to see if Zoey would tell me what just happened.

I got to our bedroom and Zoey was in a little ball lying in our bed.

"Baby what's going on? Where did you go with Asher?" I asked.

"He's going to kill me," Zoey said frightened.

"Who?" I asked.

"Stewart. I've crossed him one too many times. Caleb he nearly just choked me to death," Zoey said.

"What were you doing near Livingston? I thought he was in jail?" I asked confused.

"He got out... I went over to his house to get a confession for Asher. But Stewart saw that I had recorded our conversation on my phone. He lost it. He broke my phone then started choking me. If it weren't for his son I'd be dead right now," Zoey explained.

"What the hell Zoe! Why the hell did you leave this house to go get a confession out of Livingston again?" I asked.

"It was for Asher. He came to me desperate Caleb and I wanted to help him. There is something about Stewart and his father that you don't know," Zoey said.

"What? What don't I know?" I asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," Zoey said.

"Well that's just tough because you're going to explain to me right now why you left this house with Asher to go set up Livingston. Zoey when I got back and you weren't here I was worried out of my mind. I just nearly lost you I will not come that close to losing you again! So start talking or so help me Zoe!" I said frustrated.

Zoey sat up and I came and sat beside her on the bed.

She better tell me the whole story and not leave a single detail out.

Hearing that Livingston put his hands on her was enough to have me ready to go kill him my damn self.

But I wanted all the facts before I made any sudden moves so Zoey needed to talk.

She needed to trust me as her husband to hear the full story.