Chapter 12

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"Cheers to us finally getting a night out just the two of us," Caleb said as he held his glass up to mine.

I clicked my glass with his then took a sip of my champagne.

"You look good tonight," Caleb said as he let his eyes linger at my cleavage.

"Thanks babe," I blushed.

I was wearing a new dress. It was one of the dresses I bought when I went shopping with his mom.

It was this nude dress with a red lace overlay. It was sexy but casual. I paired it with a black leather jacket and my heels.

"You look handsome. I like it when you let your stubble grow out," I said.

Caleb hadn't shaved in a few days and his more mature look was such a turn on.

"I thought you liked it better when I didn't have facial hair," Caleb said.

"I like you either way babe. But yes I prefer you without facial hair. But I have to admit the beard is sexy," I flirted.

Caleb chuckled and took a drink of his champagne.

"Mom wants to know our exact wedding date so we can get on ordering the invitations," I said as we waited for our food.

"When do you want to get married?" he asked.

"Soon," I said.

"Timeframe baby," Caleb said wanting more detail.

"Well I was thinking a summer wedding would be nice because we could have it outside. But then I like the idea of a winter wedding too," I said.

"Are you more partial to having an indoor or outdoor wedding?" he asked.

"I don't have much of a preference," I said.

"Well if that's the case then lets do an indoor winter wedding. Something in December... when baby girl is off for winter break," Caleb suggested.

"But before the holidays so everyone can make it," I said.

"How about the middle of December," Caleb said.

"I like that," I said.

"I'm thinking the 14th or 20th," he said.

I pulled my phone out of my purse and looked up the dates.

"The 14th is on a Saturday and the 20th is on a Friday," I said.

"Lets do the 14th people can attend a Saturday wedding more than a Friday wedding," he said.

"Ok. December 14th it is," I said.

"That only gives us a few months," he said.

"Babe with your mom helping we'll be able to pull everything together by then," I said.

"Ok if you're sure," he said.

"I am," I said.

"Well it seems we have ourselves a date. On December 14th you'll become Mrs. Atwood," Caleb said as he reached for my hand.

I slipped my fingers through his intertwining our fingers.

I blushed happy we had our wedding date set. I couldn't wait to become his wife.

"Let me text mom so she knows we settled on a date," I said.

"Baby you can tell her later. Right now is our time. Put the phone away," Caleb said.