Chapter 24

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I looked in the mirror as I slightly fixed my hair. I was decked out in my tux for tonight's annual charity gala. My family always attends this event. It's like the social event of the season in Atlanta.

Zoey and I had flown into town for the event just last night. While we attend the gala tonight Cheyenne was babysitting the kids for us.

I was glad to be getting a break from the club and all the drama that had surrounded Angela.

I had hired a new club manager and so far he was working out real well. I was cutting back at how much time I was spending at the club and trying to get things back on track with my home life.

As I finished up in the mirror I got a glimpse of Zoey.

I turned around in awe of Zoey's beauty.

She was in this long sleeveless champagne colored dress that had beading and sequins. It had a pretty high slit up her left thigh as well.

"Damn..." I said breathless.

It's been two weeks since Zoey put me on notice. She barely speaks to me, I sleep in the guestroom, and she has even stopped wearing her engagement ring.

Zoey grabbed her clutch and approached me.

"Lets go before we're late," Zoey said.

"You look gorgeous baby," I said.

She said nothing as she reached out and slowly ran her fingers over my jaw.

I had shaved.

"I kind of miss the beard," she whispered as she pulled her hand away.

Oh how I missed her touch.

"I'll grow it back," I said.

"You don't have to...it doesn't matter either way as far as I'm concerned," Zoey said.

Zoey walked off leading the way out of the bedroom.

Zoey and I walked out into the living area of our penthouse suite.

The kids were in their pajamas and sitting on the couch with Cheyenne.

"Well don't you two look all fancy? Hot couple alert," Cheyenne compliments us.

Zoey hadn't made our spilt public she just stopped wearing her ring. It gave me hope that she hadn't told her friends, my parents, or Cheyenne anything yet.

Maybe she'll see that she was being too drastic and rethink calling off the engagement.

"Thanks Cheyenne," Zoey smiled.

"You look so pretty mommy," Cecilia said.

"Mommy pretty," Mason agreed.

"Thank you my precious babies," Zoey smiled.

"Hey what about me?" I joked.

"You look handsome daddy," Cecilia smiled.

"Daddy handsome," Mason repeated after his sister.

"Thanks kids," I smiled.

Zoey and I hugged and kissed the kids bye then left so we could head to the gala.

Zoey P.O.V.

I sat in the backseat with Caleb as the driver drove us to the venue of tonight's charity gala.