Chapter 13

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I held my daughter's hand as I walked her into the school building.

I had been so busy lately I hadn't gotten much time with the kids as much. Now that I'd hired some new employees I was hoping this would free up some of my time so I could spend it with my kids.

"Are you picking me up today daddy?" Cecilia asked as we walked into the school.

"Yes I am baby girl. And you know what?" I asked.

"What?" she questioned.

"Daddy's going to take you out for ice cream after school," I said.

"Yay," Cecilia smiled happily.

I got to Cecilia's classroom and stopped outside.

I crouched down to her level.

"Have a good day baby girl. Daddy loves you," I said.

My daughter gave me a hug and kissed my cheek.

"I love you. Bye daddy," Cecilia said before she walked into her classroom.

It's so surreal to me dropping my baby girl off at school. It felt like just yesterday she was so small because she was born premature. I knew time was going by so fast and before I know it my baby girl will be in high school.

I don't know what I'm going to do when she starts dating.

I really don't want to think about that because I know I'm going to be the over protective father who doesn't like any guy she brings around. No boy is going to be good enough for my daughter.

As I stood up I saw Leslie coming out of the classroom. Her twin girls were the same age as Cecilia and they were friends.

"Hi Leslie," I said.

"Hey. I'm surprised to see you here. You hardly ever drop Cecilia off," Leslie said as we walked down the hall together.

"I know... work..." I said.

"Yeah. Zoey really holds down the fort for you," she said.

"I know. I appreciate it. She's a great mother," I said.

"I don't mean to metal but she did tell me and a few of the girls-"

"Let me stop you right there. I know she thought I was cheating. But it was a huge misunderstanding. I know what I have and I would never do anything to jeopardize that," I said.

"I'm glad to hear it because Zoey is a great woman. She loves you so much. I saw how hurt she was over the mere thought of you stepping out on her," Leslie said as we exited the school building.

"I'm glad she has a friend like you," I said.

"I'm glad to have a friend like her," Leslie said.

"Well it was nice seeing you. I gotta run and get to work now," I said.

"Well I look forward to the New York trip your mother has planned for Zoey and us ladies," Leslie said.

"Yeah Zoey's going to see if she can find a wedding dress," I said.

"I know. She's real excited," Leslie said.

"Well you ladies have a good time and you don't get my girl into too much trouble," I smiled.

"Oh I'll make sure everyone is on their best behavior," Leslie joked.

I said bye and then headed to my car. I had to get to the club since Angela was coming in early to help me out this morning.