Chapter 4

Steve's POV

I woke up just as the sun was rising and noticed an empty space next to me.

"Bucky, where's Lyric?" I worried. Bucky rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"I don't know." He yawned. I flew out of bed and left the floor. I walked past the kitchen and looked in the gym, where Natasha was training with Wanda.

"Have either of you seen Lyric?" I asked worriedly.

"I saw her in the lab." Nat said. I thanked her and walked to the lab. Lyric was asleep on Tony's lap as he worked away.

"Lyric?" I mumbled.

"She's kind of asleep right now. It was a little touch and go throughout the night. She kept jumping. You can take her to her room if you want." Tony whispered.

"How'd she end up here?"

"Nightmare. She walked here and fell asleep watching me work." I carefully picked her up and nodded to Tony.

"Thank you. You should get some sleep too, Stark. Not good to keep burning the candle at both ends" I advised. He mock saluted me before I turned and carried Lyric back to our floor. On our way there, she briefly woke up.

"Steve?" She groaned.

"Mornin' Darlin'." I smiled.

"Where you take me?"

"Back to the room. You look sleepy."

She simply hummed and went back to sleep. I smiled, laying her back into bed.

Lyric's POV

I looked down to see my feet hanging off the ground by a foot at most. I had on a bra and my underwear. White cotton, standard issue. I looked up to see my hands bounded to the ceiling. What is this? I thrashed around yelling for help. Strucker came in clicking his tongue.

"What's wrong little one? Uncomfortable?" He asked.

"Please, I don't know what I'm doing up here. I want to come down." I pleaded.

"Don't worry. Just tell us what you know about the disappearance of the Winter Soldier and I'll take you down myself."

"Winter is gone? All I remember is being in a cell and now I'm here. I don't know what happened in between."

"So you blacked out?"

"I guess."

"I'm gonna call in a friend to help you remember." Strucker left and a man came in with many torture items. My eyes widened and I looked in the direction Strucker left from.

"M-Mr. Strucker, please! You said y-you'd let me down! I don't know what happened!" I cried. He came back in and placed a hand on my cheek.

"You'll be fine. We trained you to ignore pain. Do you have to be put in the dark room again?" Strucker warned. I quickly shook my head and tried to stop sniffling. Strucker smiled, wiping my tears.

"Compliance will be rewarded, little one. Have no fear." He said before leaving. I took a deep breath before feeling hot metal make contact with my thigh. I let out a scream of many.

I woke up quickly, gripping the bed sheets. The sweat glistened on my skin like a second layer. A knock on the door made me jump.

"Lyric? It's Pepper. I've got your clothes if you want them now."

"Thank you." I replied loud enough for her to hear. I heard Pepper leave the clothes and the sound of her heels clicking down the hall as she walked away. I slid out of the bed and brought in the box of clothes. I sifted through and found a maroonish shirt. I put that on and some form fitting black pants.