Chapter 85

Iris's POV

I sat on my bed looking down at my hands resting in my lap. The same hands that I used to hurt another person.

"Iris, you know you can talk to me right?" Bubba said patting my knee.

"I don't regret what I did to her. She had it coming." I lied. Truthfully my stomach was in knots. I didn't want this, I really did just want to be normal. I wanted to be able to lash out and not have to worry about seriously injuring another person. It was easier to pretend I didn't care though.

"You can still feel guilty about an action you don't regret. I personally don't regret what you did either. We all need to stand up for ourselves sometimes, but is the girl okay?" I looked up at Bubba and shrugged, the guilt gnawing at my insides,

"She'll get therapy and be fine." At least I hoped she'd be fine.

"What did you do to her?" Bubba asked.

"Made her see her worst nightmares." I looked away from him as I left off the part that made me feel the most guilty:

I loved every second of it

That's what scared me the most. To hear that entitled bitch scream like her whole world was being torn apart, because that's what she deserved to see. Mom and dad come so close to that type of fear everyday, some days they go beyond that fear.

"Iris," Bubba sighed, pulling me out of my thoughts. "you know this can't happen again. You risked exposing not only your abilities but your brother's too. I heard your parents talking and I think you'll be staying home for the next week."

"A week?! Bubba, that's not fair!" I exclaimed.

"Iris, you're lucky they're not taking you out of school."

"They all need to learn, all those kids who think it's fun to disrespect us need to see we're not afraid! I'm not afraid!"

"Talk to your parents about that, princess." With that, Bubba left my room and I sat in silence once again.

A few minutes passed and my bedroom door opened. Junior peaked his head in, Natalia's head under his.

"Iris, can we come in?" He asked.

"Whatever." I exhaled. The two came in and wasted no time in making themselves at home.

"Mom and Dad are really going at it out there. I think mom's crying again." Junior sighed, kicking his feet up on my bed.

"What are they arguing about?" I asked.

"You know them. Every time one thing happens, they find a way to branch out that one argument to whatever they're holding back."

"You should've just stayed home and had a pizza with me, Bubba, Morgan, and Tony. We watched Disney movies." Natalia sighed, spinning around on the spinny chair. I giggled and shook my head.

"You're right, Talia, I would've had more fun here. Anyway, I doubt Andrew wants anything to do with me now." I stated.

"Who needs him anyway? He's just some tall white boy who speaks like he's from 19th century Ireland." Junior scoffed. At this, I couldn't hold back the laughter in my chest. In the end, I was laughing along with my brother and sister, clutching my gut.

"I miss hanging out with you guys." I panted, coming down from my laughter.

"The 5th grade is a full time job, big sister." Talia huffed. Junior and I snorted before looking at each other.

"We'll probably have a whole bunch of time to hang out once mom and dad decide to homeschool all of us." I stated.

"Doesn't matter 'cause we'll be together." He smiled. Yeah, the three of us. Wait, three of us...?