Chapter 60

Lyric's POV

"Peter, we don't have to rush," I assured him.

"Rush? Lyric, we're the poster children for waiting. I've been in love with you since I was 16. We've been through so much together already, we might as well be married. You're having my babies." Peter argued.

"I just don't know how we're gonna tell everyone."

"They'll support us."

~~

"I told you to take care of my daughter, not knock her up!" Dad yelled, throwing a glass cup at Peter. He quickly caught it, fear evident in his eyes.

"They'll support us, right?" I said sarcastically.

"Darlin, are you really ready to get married again? It's only been a year." Papa frowned.

"I agree with Steve. Maybe you should wait." Tony agreed.

"Waiting is why I never got to say my vows to Jack." I groaned.

"What are you talking about?" Nat asked.

"Let's be real, Jack died because of me, because of who I am."

"Don't do that to yourself." Sam disagreed.

"No, I know it for a fact and while I wish it wasn't true, it is. I'm not waiting with Peter because tomorrow isn't promised when you're an Avenger. He's in danger and so am I. We're getting married as soon as possible." I concluded.

"And the twins?" Wanda asked.

"I just need to take it easy. I haven't been using my powers and for the foreseeable future I'm not avenging." Papa hugged me, being mindful of the small bump between us.

"What happened to that little girl I rescued all those years back?" He mumbled.

"She grew up because you let her. Thank you, you saved me." I replied.

"Okay, so you're having twins and a wedding. I need to fix up the compound for a baby." Tony sighed.

"Or Peter and I can move out." I smiled cheekily.

"Jesus Buck, she's trying to give us a heart attack." Papa groaned. I laughed, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Where's my goddaughter? I wanna tell her she's getting god-siblings," I asked, pulling out of my hug with Papa.

"She's been in her room playing all day," Tony replied. I grabbed Peter's hand and we made our way to Morgan's room.

"We're really moving in together?" He asked.

"I want our kids to have a home of their own, Peter. Of course, we're moving in together." I smiled. Peter stopped walking to bring his lips to mine.

"I love you...so unbelievably much." He whispered.

"Ditto, Bug," I replied softly and I meant it. We continued to Morgan's room and I knocked on the door.

"Princess, it's me," I called. I heard the footsteps run to the door and suddenly my legs were trapped in little arms.

"Mimi! You were gone so long." Morgan cheered. I laughed and picked her up.

"I couldn't stand to be away from you for any longer," I smiled.

"Mimi, you look like you ate a lot," Morgan commented, looking at my stomach.

"Well, Peter and I actually wanted to talk to you about it." We all sat on Morgan's bed, Morgan sitting between Peter and me.