Chapter 75

Lyric's POV

"Okay hottie! Who are you all dressed up for?" Liz whistled. I smiled and did a spin, letting my red plaid skirt spin with me. I wore a white v neck t-shirt and had part of my hair up, the other sectioned down.

"Date went good this weekend and I'm just riding the wave." I shrugged. Liz took my arm in hers and walked down the hair with me to our math class. I walked in and saw Ned sitting toward the back.

Ned! I threw my bag in the seat next to him and smiled.

"Ned hey! Long time no see!" I grinned. Ned looked at me in shock before looking around his surroundings.

"Is this a prank?" He asked softly. Then it hit me that this world's me never talked to Ned.

"Uh no, I just wanted to ask if my sister left my sweater when she was hanging out with you and Peter or something. I haven't been able to find it." I chuckled bashfully.

"Well, she didn't. Sorry."

"Hey, no problem. Have a great day, alright?" I moved my bag and instead sat next to Liz.

"Why were you with Ned? Are you trynna get homework answers again? Lyric, you said you'd do your own homework." She whispered.

"What? No! I just thought Jamie had left my sweater at his house or something." I scoffed, looking in my bag for my notebook.

Lunch came by as slow as ever. I can't believe this is school. I'm glad I never had to go.

I was so distracted walking and talking with Liz that I failed to watch where I was going and tripped over an extended foot. Before I could hit the ground, my face was inhaling a familiar cologne. I looked up to see Peter looking down at me.

"Lyric, I'm so so sorry!" The person attached to the foot apologized.

"It's whatever. No harm, no foul." I brushed off. Peter straightened me up, watching me from bottom to top.

"You okay? I didn't mean to grab you so roughly." He fretted. A giggle erupted from my mouth as I shook my head.

"It would've been a lot worse had you not grabbed me, besides I'm not as fragile as I look." I teased. Peter smiled slightly but as quick as it came, it left. I turned to see Jamie watching us.

"Hey, you, where's my favorite jacket?" I asked walking toward her. Jamie scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I didn't take your stupid jacket, Lyric." She frowned.

"Well find my jacket or I'm taking one of your boyfriend's. I bet he has plenty to spare." I sneered before walking off with Liz and our friends.

"Listen I don't know what came over you but I'm loving it! You're so much more badass now." Liz gushed.

"I had a good breakfast." I shrugged.

Walking out of school, I was surprised to see Jack waiting with his hands in his pocket.

"Surprise. You happy to see me?" He said excitedly, walking up to me. I chuckled, fixing my backpack straps.

"JJ, I'm always happy to see you, trust me," I replied. Jack smiled and took my hand in his.

"I was heading to go see Pepper and Tony. Wanna come?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah sure."

And that's how I ended up in the tower, sitting across from Pepper and Tony, having to pretend like this is the first time I've ever seen them in person.

"It's so nice to meet you, Lyric! Jack was so happy after your date the other day." Pepper gushed.

"So was I. He was a complete gentleman and we had a great time." I smiled.